PC Review

Windows 8 RC To Get Flatter Explorer UI, Other Changes

7th Apr 2012
Quote:
If a report from Chinese tech blog win8china.com is to be believed--and they've been pretty accurate so far--the Release Candidate (RC) version of Windows 8 will feature a tweaked Explorer user interface that somewhat matches the flat UI that pervades the Metro interface.

Here are some before and after shots that will drive home the expected change:

Before (Beta/Consumer Preview):

After (RC):

This flatter new Explorer is just the beginning, folks. We've learned separately that other UI changes are coming to the RC build, including new icons, new cursors, new controls, and more.
From Paul Thurrott's winsupersite.com

This might be intended to make it more compatible with a tablet display.
Attached Thumbnails
Windows 8 RC To Get Flatter Explorer UI, Other Changes-win8rc_before.jpg   Windows 8 RC To Get Flatter Explorer UI, Other Changes-win8rc_after.jpg  

Keep On Crunchin!

ZemaTalon
WildMacaw.com

Acruncher

7th Apr 2012
Wow that is really interesting. They have changed from a light blue to a dark blue strip at the top of the screen.

"There's a saying in Estonia that in order to see new things, you have to follow common paths - paths you know."
Games people play, you take it or you leave it
Things that they say, honor brite
If I promise you the moon and the stars, would you believe it
Games people play in the middle of the night
~Alan Parsons Project, Games People Play

7th Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarbarian View Post
Wow that is really interesting. They have changed from a light blue to a dark blue strip at the top of the screen.

It's not a great screen shot and you may have to look closely to see it but the area encircled in red illustrates one of the changes - the 3D-looking elements we've long been used to will be rendered flat and featureless.

Keep On Crunchin!

ZemaTalon
WildMacaw.com

Acruncher

9th Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zema Bus View Post
It's not a great screen shot and you may have to look closely to see it but the area encircled in red illustrates one of the changes - the 3D-looking elements we've long been used to will be rendered flat and featureless.
Me original post was an attempt at cynical sarcasm mate. I will only buy and use 8 if I have no other choice for quality gaming.

"There's a saying in Estonia that in order to see new things, you have to follow common paths - paths you know."
Games people play, you take it or you leave it
Things that they say, honor brite
If I promise you the moon and the stars, would you believe it
Games people play in the middle of the night
~Alan Parsons Project, Games People Play

9th Apr 2012
No prob Abarbarian that's cool And same here, I only use Windows for gaming any more anyway, though I have a feeling that Win8 or a similarly looking descendent will be in our futures ultimately - some future Direct-X version will likely require it etc. Anyway it' going to be interesting to watch

Keep On Crunchin!

ZemaTalon
WildMacaw.com

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: