Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as ...

Kevin

      3rd Sep 2009
Well, I have Win7 Ultimate RTM with FrontPage 2003 and tried all suggestions
to no avail.
Any other ideas on how to get rid of that Memory error ?? I know that FP is
obsolete since late 2006 , but there are still tons of ppl that use it for
their websites.
Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

"Andash" wrote:

> I had this issue as well when initially opening a frontpage site with FP 2003
> and Windows 7 as well. Also once in to the site I got this message when
> trying to insert an image.
> To fix it I eventually opened a local web on my C:\ drive that and the went
> in Frontpage to Tools | Site Settings | Advanced | Delete-Temporary Files.
> This clears the FP temp file cache which I think causes this type of error..
> Hope that works for you..
> a.a
>
> "TomazL" wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.
> >
> > When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
> > appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not enough
> > memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...
> >
> > There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7 issue
> > since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in various
> > compatibility modes. To no avail.
> >
> > Any solution to this problem?

Kevin

      3rd Sep 2009
No worries !! After switching few times to compatibility mode for Win XP SP3
and rebooting, it worked flawlesly
Still before that I have used the FPcleaner tool that Ronx suggested, so
dunno it that matters.
Next time I will go one-by-one to determine the proper steps.

Thanks for all the help here

"Kevin" wrote:

> Well, I have Win7 Ultimate RTM with FrontPage 2003 and tried all suggestions
> to no avail.
> Any other ideas on how to get rid of that Memory error ?? I know that FP is
> obsolete since late 2006 , but there are still tons of ppl that use it for
> their websites.
> Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks
>
> "Andash" wrote:
>
> > I had this issue as well when initially opening a frontpage site with FP 2003
> > and Windows 7 as well. Also once in to the site I got this message when
> > trying to insert an image.
> > To fix it I eventually opened a local web on my C:\ drive that and the went
> > in Frontpage to Tools | Site Settings | Advanced | Delete-Temporary Files.
> > This clears the FP temp file cache which I think causes this type of error..
> > Hope that works for you..
> > a.a
> >
> > "TomazL" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.
> > >
> > > When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
> > > appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not enough
> > > memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...
> > >
> > > There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7 issue
> > > since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in various
> > > compatibility modes. To no avail.
> > >
> > > Any solution to this problem?

Cary Wagner

      2nd Oct 2009
I am running Win 7 Ultimate RTM. Have FP2003 loaded and patched up. I have compatibility set for WinXP SP3. I can load local sites with no problem, but when I try to attach to a remote FP site, I get the 'Out of memory error'.

I have tried FP Cleaner (suggested by Ronx), Site Settings/Delete Temp, and even holding a dead chicken over the PC. I wouldn't suggest the latter, it's a bit messy. The only thing that appears to work is re-logging or rebooting, and only then it's a one-time shot.

Has anyone come up with any other brilliant ideas? This is getting rediculous and horribly time consuming. I realize MS wants us to buy something new, but this is nuts! First DRM, now FrontPage, it's getting a bit mad when one has to keep switching technologies every few years and rebuild things from scratch over and over.

Cheers...

Kevin wrote:

RE: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .
03-Sep-09

Well, I have Win7 Ultimate RTM with FrontPage 2003 and tried all suggestions
to no avail
Any other ideas on how to get rid of that Memory error ?? I know that FP is
obsolete since late 2006 , but there are still tons of ppl that use it for
their websites
Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank

"Andash" wrote:

Keep the Baddies away from your website or blog
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-away-fro.aspx

Cary Wagner

      2nd Oct 2009
Frontpage has been replaced by SharePiont Designer. And, it appears that it doesn't have the same issues that FP has in Windows 7. Best of all, it's FREE!!! I have provided links below to the information page and download.

SharePiont Designer:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sh...487631033.aspx

SharePiont Designer Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...2-d9e710d44f42

Enjoy!!! Cheers...

Cary

Cary Wagner wrote:

Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as
02-Oct-09

I am running Win 7 Ultimate RTM. Have FP2003 loaded and patched up. I have compatibility set for WinXP SP3. I can load local sites with no problem, but when I try to attach to a remote FP site, I get the 'Out of memory error'.

I have tried FP Cleaner (suggested by Ronx), Site Settings/Delete Temp, and even holding a dead chicken over the PC. I wouldn't suggest the latter, it's a bit messy. The only thing that appears to work is re-logging or rebooting, and only then it's a one-time shot.

Has anyone come up with any other brilliant ideas? This is getting rediculous and horribly time consuming. I realize MS wants us to buy something new, but this is nuts! First DRM, now FrontPage, it's getting a bit mad when one has to keep switching technologies every few years and rebuild things from scratch over and over.

Cheers...

Parse the Active Directory group recursively and print all the members
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-director.aspx

Kevin

      2nd Oct 2009
Phew...will try it out tomorrow. Cary, you are my man if it turns out ok. I
like the FREE part in your post..that will remedy what I've paid for the old
Office 2003 and YES, you are absolutely right about the different products
coming out , rendering old versions obsolete...but hey, what we can do about
it ..some call it progress and it is. It's just some old guys like myself
having hard time keeping up with the new techs out there.

Cheers...

"Cary Wagner" wrote:

> Frontpage has been replaced by SharePiont Designer. And, it appears that it doesn't have the same issues that FP has in Windows 7. Best of all, it's FREE!!! I have provided links below to the information page and download.
>
> SharePiont Designer:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sh...487631033.aspx
>
> SharePiont Designer Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...2-d9e710d44f42
>
> Enjoy!!! Cheers...
>

> Cary
>

> Cary Wagner wrote:
>
> Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as
> 02-Oct-09
>
> I am running Win 7 Ultimate RTM. Have FP2003 loaded and patched up. I have compatibility set for WinXP SP3. I can load local sites with no problem, but when I try to attach to a remote FP site, I get the 'Out of memory error'.
>
> I have tried FP Cleaner (suggested by Ronx), Site Settings/Delete Temp, and even holding a dead chicken over the PC. I wouldn't suggest the latter, it's a bit messy. The only thing that appears to work is re-logging or rebooting, and only then it's a one-time shot.
>
> Has anyone come up with any other brilliant ideas? This is getting rediculous and horribly time consuming. I realize MS wants us to buy something new, but this is nuts! First DRM, now FrontPage, it's getting a bit mad when one has to keep switching technologies every few years and rebuild things from scratch over and over.
>
> Cheers...

> Parse the Active Directory group recursively and print all the members
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-director.aspx

Stefan B Rusynko

      3rd Oct 2009
Actually FP has been replaced by 2 products - EW & SPD
See http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/f...5Designer.mspx
Yes SPD is free, but EW is the recommended single user product
- EW is not free but does have a free trial
See http://www.microsoft.com/expression/..._Overview.aspx

Cary Wagner wrote:

[...]

      5th Oct 2009
Well, to be honest, I do not care. I have already tested SPD and it works
fine with Win 7 Ultimate . The memory error is gone and that was my original
goal .

"Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:

> Actually FP has been replaced by 2 products - EW & SPD
> See http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/f...5Designer.mspx
> Yes SPD is free, but EW is the recommended single user product
> - EW is not free but does have a free trial
> See http://www.microsoft.com/expression/..._Overview.aspx

> SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
>

> <Cary Wagner> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Frontpage has been replaced by SharePiont Designer. And, it appears that it doesn't have the same issues that FP has in Windows 7.
> Best of all, it's FREE!!! I have provided links below to the information page and download.
>
> SharePiont Designer:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sh...487631033.aspx
>
> SharePiont Designer Download:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...2-d9e710d44f42
>
> Enjoy!!! Cheers...
>

> Cary
>

> Cary Wagner wrote:
>
> Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as
> 02-Oct-09
>
> I am running Win 7 Ultimate RTM. Have FP2003 loaded and patched up. I have compatibility set for WinXP SP3. I can load local
> sites with no problem, but when I try to attach to a remote FP site, I get the 'Out of memory error'.
>
> I have tried FP Cleaner (suggested by Ronx), Site Settings/Delete Temp, and even holding a dead chicken over the PC. I wouldn't
> suggest the latter, it's a bit messy. The only thing that appears to work is re-logging or rebooting, and only then it's a one-time
> shot.
>
> Has anyone come up with any other brilliant ideas? This is getting rediculous and horribly time consuming. I realize MS wants us
> to buy something new, but this is nuts! First DRM, now FrontPage, it's getting a bit mad when one has to keep switching
> technologies every few years and rebuild things from scratch over and over.
>
> Cheers...

> Parse the Active Directory group recursively and print all the members
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-director.aspx

New Member

      24th Feb 2012
Hi to all,

ive got problems with FP 2003 in Windows 7 (32 bit) operating system and office 2010.
First it worked with problems. When i wanted saving a word, excel... document in FP, don't let me do it. I must do "save as" in other site. That was a little problem. Now, the error is "the server close inexperately". What can i do?? I try cleaning FP temporaly fields and nothing works!!!
I try also working with Web Expression 4 and the same error appears.

Help me please.

Thanks,

JonEimon.

4x4 Cruncher
feckit's Avatar
Location: Plant Earth

      24th Feb 2012
you would get more help if you posted a new thread!
this one is over 2 years old & may not help you get the help you are after!

New Member

      25th Feb 2012
I do it.

Thanks.