Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as ...

TomazL

      24th Aug 2009
Hi!

I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.

When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not enough
memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...

There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7 issue
since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in various
compatibility modes. To no avail.

Any solution to this problem?

Ronx

      24th Aug 2009
Which version of Windows 7? The Beta and RC x64 versions both gave me that
error when saving with any program - rebooting cured it for some hours.
However the problem is cured (for me) in the RTM version.
I have FP2003 running in Windows 7 x64 RTM with no problems.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

"TomazL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.
>
> When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
> appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not enough
> memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...
>
> There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7
> issue
> since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in various
> compatibility modes. To no avail.
>
> Any solution to this problem?

kimmie

      25th Aug 2009
I am having the same problem, I don't know what windows 7 is? I am running
frontpage 2003 on vista?

"Ronx" wrote:

> Which version of Windows 7? The Beta and RC x64 versions both gave me that
> error when saving with any program - rebooting cured it for some hours.
> However the problem is cured (for me) in the RTM version.
> I have FP2003 running in Windows 7 x64 RTM with no problems.
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>
> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>

> "TomazL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.
> >
> > When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
> > appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not enough
> > memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...
> >
> > There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7
> > issue
> > since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in various
> > compatibility modes. To no avail.
> >
> > Any solution to this problem?

Ronx

      25th Aug 2009
Windows 7 is the new operating system following Vista - it will be in the
shops from October 22, 2009.

Download FP Cleaner from http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and run
the routines that
delete the hidden temporary files
delete the hidden web cache files

This may help.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

"kimmie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having the same problem, I don't know what windows 7 is? I am running
> frontpage 2003 on vista?
>
> "Ronx" wrote:
>
>> Which version of Windows 7? The Beta and RC x64 versions both gave me
>> that
>> error when saving with any program - rebooting cured it for some hours.
>> However the problem is cured (for me) in the RTM version.
>> I have FP2003 running in Windows 7 x64 RTM with no problems.
>> --
>> Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>>
>> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>>

>> "TomazL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.
>> >
>> > When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
>> > appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not
>> > enough
>> > memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...
>> >
>> > There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7
>> > issue
>> > since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in various
>> > compatibility modes. To no avail.
>> >
>> > Any solution to this problem?

kimmie

      25th Aug 2009
it now crashes whenever I click on anything in the toolbar, help?

"kimmie" wrote:

> I am having the same problem, I don't know what windows 7 is? I am running
> frontpage 2003 on vista?
>
> "Ronx" wrote:
>
> > Which version of Windows 7? The Beta and RC x64 versions both gave me that
> > error when saving with any program - rebooting cured it for some hours.
> > However the problem is cured (for me) in the RTM version.
> > I have FP2003 running in Windows 7 x64 RTM with no problems.
> > --
> > Ron Symonds
> > Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> > http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
> >
> > Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
> >

> > "TomazL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.
> > >
> > > When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
> > > appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not enough
> > > memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...
> > >
> > > There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7
> > > issue
> > > since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in various
> > > compatibility modes. To no avail.
> > >
> > > Any solution to this problem?

Andash

      26th Aug 2009
I had this issue as well when initially opening a frontpage site with FP 2003
and Windows 7 as well. Also once in to the site I got this message when
trying to insert an image.
To fix it I eventually opened a local web on my C:\ drive that and the went
in Frontpage to Tools | Site Settings | Advanced | Delete-Temporary Files.
This clears the FP temp file cache which I think causes this type of error..
Hope that works for you..
a.a

"TomazL" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.
>
> When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
> appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not enough
> memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...
>
> There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7 issue
> since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in various
> compatibility modes. To no avail.
>
> Any solution to this problem?

Andrew Murray

      26th Aug 2009
If you're talking about VISTA why have you mentioned WINDOWS 7 in your
subject line??

"kimmie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having the same problem, I don't know what windows 7 is? I am running
> frontpage 2003 on vista?
>
> "Ronx" wrote:
>
>> Which version of Windows 7? The Beta and RC x64 versions both gave me
>> that
>> error when saving with any program - rebooting cured it for some hours.
>> However the problem is cured (for me) in the RTM version.
>> I have FP2003 running in Windows 7 x64 RTM with no problems.
>> --
>> Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>>
>> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>>

>> "TomazL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.
>> >
>> > When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
>> > appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not
>> > enough
>> > memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...
>> >
>> > There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7
>> > issue
>> > since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in various
>> > compatibility modes. To no avail.
>> >
>> > Any solution to this problem?

Tom Willett

      26th Aug 2009
It was a thread hi-jacking ;-)
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
"Andrew Murray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: If you're talking about VISTA why have you mentioned WINDOWS 7 in your
: subject line??
:
:
: "kimmie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > I am having the same problem, I don't know what windows 7 is? I am
running
: > frontpage 2003 on vista?
: >
: > "Ronx" wrote:
: >
: >> Which version of Windows 7? The Beta and RC x64 versions both gave me
: >> that
: >> error when saving with any program - rebooting cured it for some hours.
: >> However the problem is cured (for me) in the RTM version.
: >> I have FP2003 running in Windows 7 x64 RTM with no problems.
: >> --
: >> Ron Symonds
: >> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
: >> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
: >>
: >> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
: >>
: >>
: >>
: >> "TomazL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: >> > Hi!
: >> >
: >> > I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.
: >> >
: >> > When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
: >> > appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not
: >> > enough
: >> > memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...
: >> >
: >> > There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7
: >> > issue
: >> > since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in
various
: >> > compatibility modes. To no avail.
: >> >
: >> > Any solution to this problem?
: >>
: >>

Gary

      27th Aug 2009
Since FrontPage is discontinued and hasn't been updated in 3-4 years, it's
not likely that Microsoft will have much incentive to ensure that it works
properly under Windows 7. Does anyone know if the now free SharePoint
Designer will work with Front Page Extensions? Or WebDAV?

thanks,
Gary

Ronx

      27th Aug 2009
FrontPage 2003 works properly in Windows 7 RTM. SharePoint Designer and
Expression Web will both work with the FrontPage extensions.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp