Windows 7

      9th Jan 2009
Hi, everybody

just to let everybody know that I'm running windows 7 Beta for test and all
that I can tell you is wow bug mania, internet Exployer 8 ouch your lucky to
launch that twice in one windows session that you have, as far as the
printers and devices is that whole lot of white screen, I'm very proud to say
that the release of windows vista even though that it has bad comments from
friends/customers and family, me in the other hand love it, that there has a
little twieks of how programs that have to be instailled but not too much of
a headache least it is more reliable not like this windows 7, so far I have
the "blue screen of death" just by plugging in my sd card thats sooo great
got to love that old xp techology with a snappy vista look all I can say in
this message is that don't be too proud of this windows, and try not to
instaill application drivers it don't like it!

Lenster

      10th Jan 2009
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 08:45:01 -0800, Windows 7 <Windows 7
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, everybody
>
>just to let everybody know that I'm running windows 7 Beta for test and all
>that I can tell you is wow bug mania, internet Exployer 8 ouch your lucky to
>launch that twice in one windows session that you have, as far as the
>printers and devices is that whole lot of white screen, I'm very proud to say
>that the release of windows vista even though that it has bad comments from
>friends/customers and family, me in the other hand love it, that there has a
>little twieks of how programs that have to be instailled but not too much of
>a headache least it is more reliable not like this windows 7, so far I have
>the "blue screen of death" just by plugging in my sd card thats sooo great
>got to love that old xp techology with a snappy vista look all I can say in
>this message is that don't be too proud of this windows, and try not to
>instaill application drivers it don't like it!

HUH???

Windows Guy

      13th Jan 2009

On 13/01/2009 13:17, Steve Cochran wrote:
> Removing WinMail from Windows did NOT make it "snappier". It just makes
> it easier for MS, as they don't have to support OE / WinMail any longer,
> not that they ever did.
>
> They did it correctly with Server 2008, where one has the option to
> install WinMail (and other Desktop items) or not under Add / Remove
> programs.
>
> Windows 7 is just Lazy Windows -- much easier to support for MS, since
> its dumbed down.
>
> steve

So, Redmond is undercutting its own position on the market.
If you have no e-mail nor news-reader and instead you're
left with sticky browser as IE8 is, you better think twice
before you buy any PC... There is an open source or Leopard X
left...-

Vista Rookie is right "a browser should include an email client."
May be we should be more selective in future.

> "VistaRookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> I think a browser should include an email client.
>> I also feel, after all these years, a certain standard
>> has developed. Removing those apps makes me
>> feel cheated, whether they would be totally free to
>> download or not. And there is the issue of the time
>> involved in doing my own installations.
>>
>> I do not agree that it is the right direction. The right
>> direction might be to include everything and allow
>> people to uninstall them if they don't want to use them.
>>
>> I also do not agree with an email client that doesn't
>> allow all the creativity possible. It would be better
>> to include an updated version of OE, even if it had
>> a name change than to push WLM.
>>
>> ps - I don't like bloat, however, Vista is snappy
>> enough for me, as is.
>>

>> Gary VanderMolen;1132321 Wrote:
>>> Hyperbole aside, Windows 7 is notably snappier than Vista.
>>> Being able to choose one's own apps instead of incurring
>>> the overhead of unwanted included apps is a step in the right
>>> direction, in my opinion.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>>

>>> "Steve Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Live Notepad. And in Windows 9 one will have to get

>> --
>> VistaRookie

Philip Stark

      17th Jan 2009
I've been looking for sometime to get into the 'insider' group of beta
testers, yet no luck so far. My question is, where do they get these beta
testers and what are the requirements.

So far, Windows 7 has been very stable and had good performance marks,
finally persuaded me to leave Windows XP and even more impressive, Ubuntu
8.10 and Linux Mint. However, I don't think I'm just ready to shell out the
(probably) 300$ for the Ultimate final version.

I'd really like to participate in a Windows 7 discussion board/newsgroup,
aside of the public ones riddled with spam and comments posted by '13 year
old fail whalers'.

michael sharp

      23rd Jan 2009
I REALLY DON'T HAVE A ANSWER FOR YOU DUDE. HOWEVER GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

On 1/17/09 10:25 AM, in article
(E-Mail Removed), "Philip Stark"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've been looking for sometime to get into the 'insider' group of beta
> testers, yet no luck so far. My question is, where do they get these beta
> testers and what are the requirements.
>
> So far, Windows 7 has been very stable and had good performance marks,
> finally persuaded me to leave Windows XP and even more impressive, Ubuntu
> 8.10 and Linux Mint. However, I don't think I'm just ready to shell out the
> (probably) 300$ for the Ultimate final version.
>
> I'd really like to participate in a Windows 7 discussion board/newsgroup,
> aside of the public ones riddled with spam and comments posted by '13 year
> old fail whalers'.

Jim Scott

      20th Feb 2009

"Windows 7" <Windows 7 @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, everybody
>
> just to let everybody know that I'm running windows 7 Beta for test and

all
> that I can tell you is wow bug mania, internet Exployer 8 ouch your lucky

> launch that twice in one windows session that you have, as far as the
> printers and devices is that whole lot of white screen, I'm very proud to

say
> that the release of windows vista even though that it has bad comments

from
> friends/customers and family, me in the other hand love it, that there has

> little twieks of how programs that have to be instailled but not too much

of
> a headache least it is more reliable not like this windows 7, so far I

have
> the "blue screen of death" just by plugging in my sd card thats sooo great
> got to love that old xp techology with a snappy vista look all I can say

in
> this message is that don't be too proud of this windows, and try not to
> instaill application drivers it don't like it!

Its in beta, thats what beta testing is all about. If Microsoft bring out
another o/s that is hated as much as Vista has been (well thats how it looks
to me) I think they have shot it ! Windows 7 has to build on the rock solid
platform of Windows XP.