Windows 2003 dhcp do not give ip to routers and switches

lukaszjg

      26th Jul 2008
I'm using dhcp (windows 2003 SP1) on our DC. In dhcp all adresses are
excluded we only using reservations. Our routers and switches (cisco and
3com) do not obtain addresses from reservation but PC and printers are able
to obtain configuration from dhcp. Any ideas why ?

Carl Daniel [VC++ MVP]

      27th Jul 2008
lukaszjg wrote:
> I'm using dhcp (windows 2003 SP1) on our DC. In dhcp all adresses are
> excluded we only using reservations. Our routers and switches (cisco
> and 3com) do not obtain addresses from reservation but PC and
> printers are able to obtain configuration from dhcp. Any ideas why ?

Because you failed to program them in C++? Seriously - this is a newsgroup
for C++ programming using Visual C++. I'd suggest asking in a
networking/sysadmin newsgroup for windows server.

-cd