Windows 2000 host/XP Pro client

=?Utf-8?B?SmF5?=

      31st Dec 2004
I have XP Pro on my laptop that I use most of time. I have Windows 2000 on
my CPU and its where I keep all of my files (120 GB & 40 GB hard drives). I
already have all the drives mapped but I want to eliminate the CPU's monitor
for conserve space in my small office.

I was able to make my laptop (host) show up on my CPU (client) easily using
remote desktop, but I want it to work the other way around. I want my CPU
info to be shown on my laptop. Is there any way I can do it without having
to buy XP Pro for the CPU?
--
Jay

Sooner Al

      31st Dec 2004
You can't use Remote Desktop to access/control a W2K machine unless it is a W2K/W2003 Server running
Terminal Services. The W2K machine can only act
as a RDP client and *NOT* as a RDP host.

Look at using VNC to access/control the W2K machine from your other PC...

http://www.tightvnc.com/

If you want to access/control the W2K machine over the public internet I suggest UltraVNC with
it encryption plug-in or use either TightVNC or UltraVNC through a VPN tunnel.

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

....or upgrade to either W2K/W2003 Server or XP Pro...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...