windata files (.dat)

Burt

      1st Jan 2008
Just got a new PC with xp. when attaching and sending doc and pdf files on
email the recipient receives them as a different format - I believe it is
dat - and can't open them. What do I have to reset to send these files
without changing the format?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      1st Jan 2008
This would only happen if you are using RTF as your message format and are
sending to recipients who are not using Outlook. Do not use RTF.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Burt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C3mej.2513$6%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got a new PC with xp. when attaching and sending doc and pdf files
> on email the recipient receives them as a different format - I believe it
> is dat - and can't open them. What do I have to reset to send these files
> without changing the format?

Burt

      1st Jan 2008
Russ - thanks for the quick holiday response. Happy New Year.

Burt

news(E-Mail Removed)...