Win98 machines can ping but cant access xp machines

Muhammad Tehseen Khan

      20th Sep 2003
We have a small network consists of win98 and winxp pro
machines and an ADS Win2k Server which is a DNS Server
also here at Karachi. We are connected to Hongkong through
a DSL Connection. Few days ago, Hongkong asked to change
the preferred and alternate DNS entries in all of the
machines and gave new DNS Server entries in TCP/IP
Properties(probably IP addresses of DNS Servers at
Hongkong). But after this change, out win98 machines, when
tried to connect to XP machines reply "No Logon Server is
available) thus disabling to share printers installed on
xp machines. Though win98 machines can ping xp machines
properly. Network has also become very slow. Can anybody
help solving this problem.

Robert L [MS-MVP]

      20th Sep 2003
posting ipconfig /all and nslookup may help. also do you have wins?

--
For more and other information, go to http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN, Anti-Virus, Tips & Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

news:0bbe01c37f71$a7f1a790$(E-Mail Removed)...