Win2k3 fax - print routing failed

=?Utf-8?B?bWF4?=

      9th Dec 2004
- WHEN THE PRINTER IS LOCALLY CONNECTED THE PRINT ROUTING FOR INCOMING FAX IT
WORK
- WHEN THE PRINTER IS A SHARED PRINTER ON THE NET, THE PRINT ROUTING FOR
INCOMING FAX DON'T WORK (I've this message: Routing failed)

Why?

Raghavendra R [MSFT]

      10th Dec 2004
I guess this has got something to do with permissions on the network
printer. Please make sure 'Network Service' account on the fax server has
'Print' permission on the printer - one sure shot way to do this would be to
give 'Print' permission to Everyone. If this works we at least know what the
issue is. Then you can tighten the security as much as you want.

If this doesn't work, please check the event log (Start > Control Panel
(classic view) > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer) & give us the event
log details.

--
Raghavendra R
purposes only.'

"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>- WHEN THE PRINTER IS LOCALLY CONNECTED THE PRINT ROUTING FOR INCOMING FAX
>IT
> WORK
> - WHEN THE PRINTER IS A SHARED PRINTER ON THE NET, THE PRINT ROUTING FOR
> INCOMING FAX DON'T WORK (I've this message: Routing failed)
>
> Why?

New Member

      23rd Sep 2005
ok same problem with 2003 enterprise..fax comes in and it tries to print itself to another 2003 machine with printer on it.after some time it says routing failed but i can normally print ther manually.here is the c/p of event viewer log

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Fax
Event Category: Inbound
Event ID: 32003
Date: 23.09.2005.
Time: 9:59:05
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Unable to print C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Queue\1C5C0132729F5.tif to \\INFORMATIVA\LexmarkE. There is a problem with the connection to printer \\INFORMATIVA\LexmarkE. Check the connection to the printer and resolve any problems.
The following error occurred: 0x00000000.
This error code indicates the cause of the error.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Fax
Event Category: Inbound
Event ID: 32089
Date: 23.09.2005.
Time: 9:59:05
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
The Fax Service failed to execute a specific routing method. The service will retry to route the fax according to the retries configuration. If the retries fail, verify routing method configuration.
Job ID: 0x0401c5c0132729f5.