PC Review

Closed Thread

Win XP won't boot (corrupt txtsetup.sif status 32768?)

5th Sep 2005
rainer79, i solved the problem, my english isn't very good so i explain it as much possible as i can..

unplug your hard disk and plug it into a computer which has the same OS with yours (you must set the hard disk jumper to the slave mode), then when you start the computer, OS will check and repair the corrupted files.Tthen when you plug the hard disk to your PC everythings gonna be OK, you'll see

30th Oct 2005
Hi you :
<.SIF used by setup is corrupted or missing
Value 0 on the line in section (Source Disks Files)
with key SP2.cab>-problem solvers

especially Rainer, what was your solution???

I'm having the same problem after having tried to reinstall XP-home, formatting et cetera...

that hard disk workaround was nope for me!!!

think it is either the CD or the CD-Rom!!

by the way there is a lot of **** on this subject...........

I'm trying to install another CD-rom

......... youll 'be hearing

15th Jun 2006
I have the same situation. It was caused when a fresh install of Windows has been in place for longer than 30 days without being authorized (or probably, when a current authorized Windows installation loses the file that indicates it is authorized).

In other words, Windows is locking you out because it thinks it is an illegal copy. Apparently Microsoft puts something into the disk booting software to prevent booting or reinstall of Windows (which would allow you to bypass the Authorization process by reinstalling every 30 days).

I assume a complete reformat of your drive is the only way to fix this, aside from completing the authorization process. I came upon this message looking for a workaround to the above situation myself. I have a install of windows I did to test a motherboard. After correcting the motherboard date, I got the authorization notice. I have a copy of Windows XP on order for this machine, but I used an already licensed CD to install it, just to see if the motherboard would work. I wanted to wait until I received my additional copy to authorize, but the changed date activated the Windows lockout. Now I'll have to wait until fresh copy arrives before continuing to work on the machine.

Unless there is some extraordinary coincidence, this is the origen of your problem. I don't know of a solution, other than authorizing the copy of Windows.

15th Jun 2006
I posted that I got this error from trying to repair a Windows install that had exceeded the authorization period. I was trying to boot from the CD I had installed the Windows with the day before, so I assumed the CD was fine.

However, I sprayed off the CD with Windex and wiped it clean, and the repair is proceeding normally. It was simply an unlikely coincidence.

Sorry for the misdirection.

23rd Aug 2006
It seemed that i had put the floppy IDE cable upside down, so that the floppy led didnt turn off after post.
I put the floppy drive ide cable in correct, and the problem was solved.

Greetings
dotpower

6th May 2007
Hey there, did you find the solution to this problem, as i have the same thing happening

6th May 2007
I have a toshiba satellite laptop, so how do i fix this problem with my laptop

Im gettinf a corrupt or missing error msg for txtsetup.sif

unplug your hard disk and plug it into a computer which has the same OS with yours (you must set the hard disk jumper to the slave mode), then when you start the computer, OS will check and repair the corrupted files.Tthen when you plug the hard disk to your PC everythings gonna be OK, you'll see

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: