Win 7 networking

Jpstewar

      25th Mar 2010
I wanted to ask this question of a Win7 group but couldn't find one. My
question revolves around networking together two WinXP systems and one Win7
system. Generally speaking, I can share files and printers between the two XP
systems. When I introduce the Win7 system and try to share its files out,
they don't show up on the network. In other words, the XP systems can see
each other's files fine but the Win7 system cannot see any shared files nor
can the XP systems see its files. Is there some trick to this? If I should be
posting this somewhere else, let me know. Thanks.

Jack [MVP-Networking]

      25th Mar 2010
Hi
When configured on peer-to-peer Network, Win 7 has three types of Sharing
configurations.
Home Network = Works only between Win 7 computers. This type of
configuration makes it very easy to Entry Level Users to start Network
sharing.
Work Network = Basically similar to the previous methods of sharing that let
you control what, how, and to whom folders would be shared with.
Public Sharing = Public Network (like Internet cafe) to reduce security
risks.
The Work Network is the one that most of us are going (and need) to use.
Win 7 Work Network's Sharing settings are in principle similar to Vista's
configuration, some menus locations in Win 7 might be in different place,
and look a little different, but it should not be a problem to adapt.
So, maybe this can Help, make sure that the Software Firewall on each
computer allows free local traffic. If you use 3rd party Firewall On,
Vista/XP Native Firewall should be Off, and the active Firewall has to
adjusted to your Network IP numbers on what is some time called the Trusted
Zone (consult your 3rd Party Firewall instructions.
Win -7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ons-of-Windows
Win7 Work Network with a little visual help),
,http://www.onecomputerguy.com/window...s7_sharing.htm
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
When finished with the setting of the system it is advisable to Reboot all
the hardware including Router and all computers involved.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...