Braden C. Roberson-Mailloux

      25th May 2008
Please wait while WMIC compiles updated MOF files.
Parsing Mof File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Cli.mof(Phase Error - 3)
Compiler returned error 0x80041001

This error appears whenever I try to access WMIC through windows powershell
v1 on Windows Xp Pro as a standard user.

samwyse

      13th Jun 2008
I'm getting the same thing. The first time I ran the wmi command, I
got this:
Please wait while WMIC is being installed.
Parsing Mof File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Cli.mof(Phase Error - 3)
Compiler returned error 0x80041001

Since then, I get this:
Please wait while WMIC compiles updated MOF files.
Parsing Mof File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Cli.mof(Phase Error - 3)
Compiler returned error 0x80041001

I'm using a locked-down system, and don't have write access to C:
\WINDOWS or many of its subdirectories. Could this be the problem?