wifi icon missing from taskbar

~alan HDX~

      2nd Aug 2009
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to restore the wifi icon in the taskbar? I have
vista home premium on an HP laptop. It was there this morning, and now,
when i turned it on, its gone.
I right clicked on the taskbar, then left clicked on properties, found the
notification area, and the network square is grayed out so I can't put a
check in it. I think that is what would put the icon back next to the
battery icon.
TIA
Al

SC Tom

      2nd Aug 2009

"~alan HDX~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> Can anyone tell me how to restore the wifi icon in the taskbar? I have
> vista home premium on an HP laptop. It was there this morning, and now,
> when i turned it on, its gone.
> I right clicked on the taskbar, then left clicked on properties, found the
> notification area, and the network square is grayed out so I can't put a
> check in it. I think that is what would put the icon back next to the
> battery icon.
> TIA
> Al

Try here and see if it helps:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...k-box-options/

SC Tom

~alan HDX~

      2nd Aug 2009
Thanks for the suggestion, but a restart didn't fix it. It gave me an idea,
though: restore point.
There had been a vista update on the 1st so I restored to 2 days before the
update.
I don't know if the update caused the problem or not, but the restore fixed
it.
Thanks,
Al

"ronrontiu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Try restarting. See if that helps
>

> --
> ronrontiu

t-4-2

      2nd Aug 2009
Do you people have some kind of fixation with registry tweak or high-tech
geek ?
What's wrong with doing a system restore, picking the date the icon was
present ?

t-4-2

news:(E-Mail Removed)...