Wierd network error

James

      6th Dec 2003
When I restart my computer, I don't have a connection to
the internet at all, as though my CAT-5 cable wasn't
plugged in. Until I unplug the network cable, then plug
it back in, then everything works as normal. This
happens every time I restart the computer.

The reason I bring this problem here is because it didn't
start doing this until I installed the latest automatic
update.

I'm using the Sygate personal firewall (the free
version ), which I just switched to from zone alarm
because zone alarm suddenly began resetting my
connection, i.e. messenging programs would be
disconnected within moments of their running and I would
have to reconnect.

I'd appreciate any input anyone has.
Thanks,
James

Paul

      6th Dec 2003
I had a similar problem when I installed the latest "critical" update, but I
wasn't completely sure if that was the reason. I have a cable modem and I
lost the connection. I un-installed the update, did the system restore and
powered everything down. Once I turned everything on again, it worked.

--
Paul
Cleveland, Ohio

news:06e701c3bbd1$2be0fd30$(E-Mail Removed)...