Why won't Excel print all of my spreadsheet?

=?Utf-8?B?bGFpbmV5?=

      17th Jul 2007
I am trying to print a one-page spreadsheet in lanscape view, but am only
getting about 1/3 of the spreadsheet. I've tried to set print area, clear
print area, highlight print area, etc. all to no avail. Hope someone can help.

Dave Peterson

      18th Jul 2007
What happens when you print preview?

If you see everything there, then it may not be excel. It could be your
printer. I remember a time a longgggggg time ago where complex reports wouldn't
print completely. We ended up buying more memory for the printer to resolve the
problem.

Maybe you could try a different printer (or different printer type) to test.

--

Dave Peterson

=?Utf-8?B?bGFpbmV5?=

      18th Jul 2007
The whole spreadsheet shows up on preview. I used the same spreadsheet on my
old computer and it print out fine on the same printer that I am using now
with the new computer. I am using Vista and have even composed a new
spreadsheet thinking the old file might have been corrupted when it was
transferred. It still only prints a portion of the spreadsheet. My old
printer is compatible with Vista, so that is not an issue either. I am
baffled as to what the problem is.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> What happens when you print preview?
>
> If you see everything there, then it may not be excel. It could be your
> printer. I remember a time a longgggggg time ago where complex reports wouldn't
> print completely. We ended up buying more memory for the printer to resolve the
> problem.
>
> Maybe you could try a different printer (or different printer type) to test.
>
> lainey wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to print a one-page spreadsheet in lanscape view, but am only
> > getting about 1/3 of the spreadsheet. I've tried to set print area, clear
> > print area, highlight print area, etc. all to no avail. Hope someone can help.

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

      18th Jul 2007
If the print preview works fine, I'd look at the printer--not excel.

But I've been wrong lots of times.

--

Dave Peterson

=?Utf-8?B?bGFpbmV5?=

      18th Jul 2007
I don't have access to another printer at the moment. If this printer was
able to print the same exact spreadsheet from the old computer, I don't
understand why it won't print it from the new computer. Is there something I
need to check on the printer? I know it is compatible with Vista because I
checked it out on HP website. I really appreciate your input! I am at a loss.
I can still do my spreadsheets on the old computer and print, but am trying
to get away from using both computers.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> If the print preview works fine, I'd look at the printer--not excel.
>
> But I've been wrong lots of times.
>
> lainey wrote:
> >
> > The whole spreadsheet shows up on preview. I used the same spreadsheet on my
> > old computer and it print out fine on the same printer that I am using now
> > with the new computer. I am using Vista and have even composed a new
> > spreadsheet thinking the old file might have been corrupted when it was
> > transferred. It still only prints a portion of the spreadsheet. My old
> > printer is compatible with Vista, so that is not an issue either. I am
> > baffled as to what the problem is.
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > What happens when you print preview?
> > >
> > > If you see everything there, then it may not be excel. It could be your
> > > printer. I remember a time a longgggggg time ago where complex reports wouldn't
> > > print completely. We ended up buying more memory for the printer to resolve the
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > Maybe you could try a different printer (or different printer type) to test.

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

      18th Jul 2007
I don't have any specific tips to give you.

But if the file|Print preview works ok, then I don't think that it's excel's
fault.

There are some printers that use your pc's memory instead of its own. Maybe
closing all other applications would help--it might be worth a test.

If that fails, you may want to identify the make and model of printer, the
version of excel you're using and the version of windows you're running.

It may help any potential responder.

If that doesn't help, lots of printers have their own support sites (knowledge
base articles and user forums)--you may want to visit the manufacturer's site
and look for solutions there.

--

Dave Peterson

=?Utf-8?B?bGFpbmV5?=

      18th Jul 2007
Thanks Dave, I'll try the HP website because I've tried all the other
suggestions.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I don't have any specific tips to give you.
>
> But if the file|Print preview works ok, then I don't think that it's excel's
> fault.
>
> There are some printers that use your pc's memory instead of its own. Maybe
> closing all other applications would help--it might be worth a test.
>
> If that fails, you may want to identify the make and model of printer, the
> version of excel you're using and the version of windows you're running.
>
> It may help any potential responder.
>
> If that doesn't help, lots of printers have their own support sites (knowledge
> base articles and user forums)--you may want to visit the manufacturer's site
> and look for solutions there.
>
> lainey wrote:
> >
> > I don't have access to another printer at the moment. If this printer was
> > able to print the same exact spreadsheet from the old computer, I don't
> > understand why it won't print it from the new computer. Is there something I
> > need to check on the printer? I know it is compatible with Vista because I
> > checked it out on HP website. I really appreciate your input! I am at a loss.
> > I can still do my spreadsheets on the old computer and print, but am trying
> > to get away from using both computers.
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > If the print preview works fine, I'd look at the printer--not excel.
> > >
> > > But I've been wrong lots of times.

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

=?Utf-8?B?bGFpbmV5?=

      20th Jul 2007
Just wanted you to know that I finally solved my problem and it is an excel
problem. I tried to print out another spreadsheet and it spilled over to a
second page and I noticed that it print the whole row. So I copied and pasted
the entire form on page 2 and it print perfectly. I tried to print another
one out and was one row short and it didn't print in landscape so must assume
that the first 40 rows of the spreadsheet must be corrupted. Do you have a
remedy for this? For all my time, trouble and anxiety, maybe microsoft could
see their way to send me a new program?!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I don't have any specific tips to give you.
>
> But if the file|Print preview works ok, then I don't think that it's excel's
> fault.
>
> There are some printers that use your pc's memory instead of its own. Maybe
> closing all other applications would help--it might be worth a test.
>
> If that fails, you may want to identify the make and model of printer, the
> version of excel you're using and the version of windows you're running.
>
> It may help any potential responder.
>
> If that doesn't help, lots of printers have their own support sites (knowledge
> base articles and user forums)--you may want to visit the manufacturer's site
> and look for solutions there.
>
> lainey wrote:
> >
> > I don't have access to another printer at the moment. If this printer was
> > able to print the same exact spreadsheet from the old computer, I don't
> > understand why it won't print it from the new computer. Is there something I
> > need to check on the printer? I know it is compatible with Vista because I
> > checked it out on HP website. I really appreciate your input! I am at a loss.
> > I can still do my spreadsheets on the old computer and print, but am trying
> > to get away from using both computers.
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > If the print preview works fine, I'd look at the printer--not excel.
> > >
> > > But I've been wrong lots of times.

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

mdwiars@cableone.net

      1st Aug 2007
I have a similar problem.

It's not every spreadsheet in a workbook. And it seems to be a Vista
problem - I didn't have this problem in XP and it's not a memory
problem.

I frequently have to copy and paste a pre-existing spreadsheet
(sometimes almost identical to another spreadsheet like month to
month) that will not print, into a new spreadsheet. Then it will
print.

=?Utf-8?B?bGFpbmV5?=

      1st Aug 2007
Thanks for your input. I've done this a couple times but still didn't work.
Maybe, when I have time I'll try again. It's frustrating isn't it!
Something so simple causing so much stress.