why is there an exclamation mark on my power point file?

Techgodess1

      13th Oct 2009
User having issues with MS Office 2007 powerpoint. Saved his file and now
there is an exclamation point on the file icon. Also, it is saving as a
..pptm file instead of .ppmx. I know this means it is Macro enabled. Thought
it might help to figure out the ! issue. Any idea's? Thanks!

David Marcovitz

      13th Oct 2009
On 10/13/09 1:55 PM, in article
(E-Mail Removed), "Techgodess1"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> User having issues with MS Office 2007 powerpoint. Saved his file and now
> there is an exclamation point on the file icon. Also, it is saving as a
> .pptm file instead of .ppmx. I know this means it is Macro enabled. Thought
>
> it might help to figure out the ! issue. Any idea's? Thanks!

Both itssues are related. A .pptm file is a Macro-enabled PowerPoint
Presenation (in 2007). If the presentation contains macros, it must be saved
in that format. A .pptx is a regular PowerPoint presentation. Presentation
without macros should be in that format. If the file has no macros, just
choose Save As from the Office button and pick the .pptx format to save it.
I believe the exclamation point on the icon reflects the "m" status of the
presentation.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz