why is a powerpoint presentation called a "deck"?

=?Utf-8?B?bWl6Yg==?=

      21st Sep 2005
I am trying to find out the orgin of why a pp presentation is called a
"deck"???

Bill Dilworth

      21st Sep 2005
A stack of old slides looks a bit like a deck of cards. You can shuffle
them around like a deck of cards, and each can be shown and discarded.
There may be a more historic reference, but that is what I remember.

--
Bill Dilworth
A proud member of the Microsoft PPT MVP Team

news:(E-Mail Removed)...