Why is my Contact List not the same as my Address Book

Dave T.

      13th Aug 2009
In Outlook 2003, if I look at my CONTACT list, it is sorted by last name,
then first name. When I click TO to start a new email, it shows an
addressbook that is sorted by first name. How do I get these to be the same
book? And how do I get them both to sort last name, then first name?
Thanks,
Dave

Vince Averello

      13th Aug 2009
Regardless of sorting, is the content the same between the two?

"Dave T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In Outlook 2003, if I look at my CONTACT list, it is sorted by last name,
> then first name. When I click TO to start a new email, it shows an
> addressbook that is sorted by first name. How do I get these to be the
> same
> book? And how do I get them both to sort last name, then first name?
> Thanks,
> Dave

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      13th Aug 2009
"Dave T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> In Outlook 2003, if I look at my CONTACT list, it is sorted by last name,
> then first name. When I click TO to start a new email, it shows an
> addressbook that is sorted by first name. How do I get these to be the same
> book? And how do I get them both to sort last name, then first name?

Click Tools>E-mail Accounts>View or change existing directories or address
books>Next. Select "Outlook Address Book" and click Change. Set the sort
order there. Stop and restart Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]