PC Review

Closed Thread

Why is important security is blocked by user

17th May 2012
A anti-spyware supplier wants to sell me a security program because they have found a blocked section on my virus scan. They found a line "Security is blocked by User" What is so important that they think they need to supply me a new expensive program?

Silly Fool

17th May 2012
Sounds to me like you have been scammed. Has this security company contacted ou by phone, or is it a pop up on your computer telling you to purchase and install their software ? More info please.

@120Hz

17th May 2012
Sounds like your got some kind of malware/scareware infection, check this thread - http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/ess...-t2697599.html under the 'Spyware Scanners, Removers and Blockers' section and download and install Malwarebytes and Super Antispyware, run them both see if they find anything.

Gigabyte Z87X-OC | i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz | Corsair H80i | 16Gb TeamGroup Vulcan Orange
EVGA 780 FTW | Creative X-FI Titanium HD | 500Gb Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB's of Storage
Corsair HX850 | Logitech G25 | Ducky Shine III | Deathadder 2013 | Wireless 360 Pad
Corsair Carbide 300R | BenQ XL2420T | Acoustic Energy Aego M | Windows 8.1 64 Bit

17th May 2012
Sounds like a scam to me , What internet security do you use but I would download and run a scan with http://superantispyware.com/ and www.bitdefender.com/scanner/online both free. If you havent got any internet security download Microsoft Security Essentials also free.

28th Oct 2012
Windows has special problems dealing with extra long path/filenames. If the combination of the path and file names gets close to 255 characters (127 for Windows 95/98/ME) Windows will likely not handle it well if you try to delete or rename it (you can create it but not change it). While there are programs that can handle names that long or longer [a mucks edit] the first thing to try would be to rename some of the folders that lead up to the file itself.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: