Why does Word setup appear every time I try to open the program?

mbazhill

      17th Dec 2008
When I try to open Word 2007 the set-up screen appears, followed by the
configuration and install screens. When I cancel them out I'm told to run the
repair program, then Word opens. This happens all the time, even though I
have run the repair progran several times. Any suggestions?
--
winchester2120

alborg

      18th Dec 2008
You might wish to try to allow the setup to finish, or if this is not
possible, then try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Cheers,
Al

"mbazhill" wrote:

> When I try to open Word 2007 the set-up screen appears, followed by the
> configuration and install screens. When I cancel them out I'm told to run the
> repair program, then Word opens. This happens all the time, even though I
> have run the repair progran several times. Any suggestions?
> --
> winchester2120

Twee

      18th Dec 2008
This is happening to me as well. Every time I restart my computer, then open
an Office application, I get the message “Please wait while setup prepares
the necessary files.” I then have to wait for it to go through a
configuration process before it will open.
For the first 6 weeks after I installed Office 2007 this didn’t happen. The
problem only began about one week ago. I’ve gone into Control Panel
Add/Remove Programs and used the “Repair” option, but this didn’t work. I
also gone into Control Panel Add/Remove Programs using the “Change” option
and selected “Run All from My Computer” but this didn’t work either.

"mbazhill" wrote:

> When I try to open Word 2007 the set-up screen appears, followed by the
> configuration and install screens. When I cancel them out I'm told to run the
> repair program, then Word opens. This happens all the time, even though I
> have run the repair progran several times. Any suggestions?
> --
> winchester2120

helpme

      5th Mar 2009
I am having same problem. How did you fix your problem? The laptop came
with trail Office 2007. I installed Office Home and Student 2007. Excel
opening also give me stdole32.tlb and requests setup each time.

SnoozyFL

      8th May 2009
Twee,

did you every get a resolution to this problem? We have several PCs that
have the same problem and have tried the same things and also a registery
adjustment that we found on another forum, but it still comes back.

Thanks
SnoozyFL