Why does my Outlook change my attachments to .dat files???

=?Utf-8?B?amFuZWVsbGVuNDE=?=

      3rd Jun 2005
I ran a test by explaining my problem in an email, attached an Excel file and
sent it to a lot of people. They either got it fine, or they received a .dat
file, or received no attachment at all! It doesn't matter what type of file
it is, Word, Excel, Acrobat, jpg, etc. I'm running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP
OS. This is driving me crazy. There is no rhyme or reason on who gets or
doesn't get what. I've turned off my Nortons scanning email, thinking that
was doing something to it. My husband is a techno-nerd and he doesn't have an
answer. Help please.

Patricia Cardoza [Outlook MVP]

      3rd Jun 2005
Don't send messages in rich text format. Change to Plain Text or HTML
instead. You can do this in Tools, Options, Mail Format.

Some email clients can't understand Rich Text format and when attachments
are included, they tend to get converted to .dat files.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza