why does the computer not finish booting up

Jon

      22nd Jun 2004
When I start my computer it says that windows had a
problem loading and to select the mode I would like to
run my computer in. When I select any of the choices, it
goes to the window xp screen and starts to look like it
is working, there is a scroll bar that is moving under
the windows xp symbol. Then the screen goes blank. Any
ideas on what is happening, or not happening?

hustedj

      22nd Jun 2004
boot up to your windows xp cd and run the os repair that should fix your
issue.

Thanks

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1f2e901c457f7$2f8a54f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I start my computer it says that windows had a
> problem loading and to select the mode I would like to
> run my computer in. When I select any of the choices, it
> goes to the window xp screen and starts to look like it
> is working, there is a scroll bar that is moving under
> the windows xp symbol. Then the screen goes blank. Any
> ideas on what is happening, or not happening?

      22nd Jun 2004
it doesn't boot up to the disc either.

Nick Burns

      22nd Jun 2004
You must set your bios to boot from the CD rom as the first boot device.

news:1f2ff01c457fa$7d328580$(E-Mail Removed)...