Why do my Recent Documents also show in My Documents

Emrys Davies

      16th Mar 2012
I have Win. 7 and Word 7

Documents which are shown in my 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007 also show up
in My Documents in Win. 7. Is that normal and if so why clutter-up my
orderly 'My Documents'.

Iceman

      17th Mar 2012
In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)

> I have Win. 7 and Word 7
>
> Documents which are shown in my 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007 also
> show up in My Documents in Win. 7. Is that normal and if so why
> clutter-up my orderly 'My Documents'.

Are you referring to 'My Recent Documents' in Windows 7? That menu list
shows all opened documents during a certain time span, and has always been a
feature in Windows.

Emrys Davies

      17th Mar 2012

"Iceman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jk30oo$lou$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>
>> I have Win. 7 and Word 7
>>
>> Documents which are shown in my 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007 also
>> show up in My Documents in Win. 7. Is that normal and if so why
>> clutter-up my orderly 'My Documents'.

> Are you referring to 'My Recent Documents' in Windows 7? That menu list
> shows all opened documents during a certain time span, and has always been
> a feature in Windows.

No, I said 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007.

Iceman

      17th Mar 2012
In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)

> "Iceman" wrote in message
> news:jk30oo$lou$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>
>>> I have Win. 7 and Word 7
>>>
>>> Documents which are shown in my 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007 also
>>> show up in My Documents in Win. 7. Is that normal and if so why
>>> clutter-up my orderly 'My Documents'.

>> Are you referring to 'My Recent Documents' in Windows 7? That menu
>> list shows all opened documents during a certain time span, and has
>> always been a feature in Windows.

> No, I said 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007.

You have been making quite a fuss about this small problem here recently,
and the best I can do is to refer you to the answers you have already been
given.

Maybe you should just turn off 'Recent Documents' *both* in Windows 7 and
Word 2007. That is no problem. Instead you can put shortcut icons on your
desktop for the documents you are working with at each time.

Emrys Davies

      17th Mar 2012

"Iceman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jk3256$qpc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>
>> "Iceman" wrote in message
>> news:jk30oo$lou$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)

>>> Are you referring to 'My Recent Documents' in Windows 7? That menu
>>> list shows all opened documents during a certain time span, and has
>>> always been a feature in Windows.

>> No, I said 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007.

> You have been making quite a fuss about this small problem here recently,
> and the best I can do is to refer you to the answers you have already been
> given.
>
> Maybe you should just turn off 'Recent Documents' *both* in Windows 7 and
> Word 2007. That is no problem. Instead you can put shortcut icons on your
> desktop for the documents you are working with at each time.

Before you start going off like that I strongly advise you to make yourself
conversant with the fact that Windows 7 has a Documents Library and that
Word 7 has an Office Button which, if clicked upon, leads you to a menu
which contains 'Recent Documents' and other programmes. Now when you have
done that read what you have learned in conjunction with my question and say
why you think that my 'Recent Documents' information In Word 7 is also shown
in the Documents Library (I call it MY Documents). The answer may be
simple, but I am interested in it.

Dave Symes

      18th Mar 2012
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Emrys Davies <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[Snippy]
> Before you start going off like that I strongly advise you to make
> yourself conversant with the fact that Windows 7 has a Documents
> Library and that Word 7 has an Office Button which, if clicked upon,
> leads you to a menu which contains 'Recent Documents' and other
> programmes. Now when you have done that read what you have learned in
> conjunction with my question and say why you think that my 'Recent
> Documents' information In Word 7 is also shown in the Documents Library
> (I call it MY Documents). The answer may be simple, but I am
> interested in it.

Assuming you are not a computing Neo, why would you allow a scabby OS or
application to dictate where you put your documents?

This might seem a bit silly to some, but we never personally use My
Anythings.
The OS may install by default its rubbish in there, I really don't care,
but applications we use, that's another matter.

Instead we configure (For example) Word to use a location of OUR choice to
Save the Documents, the Template files etc.

Dave