Why do I have numbered folders on my c drive?

Jack

      3rd Apr 2007
The folders names are:
5bdb48c7891edae9b88f0536
8fb7469d228381ef7c777b327561cd04
6748c8491507f05eb3f4e011979007af
3536944bbdebc23bb206cb040706
a1ba8f0697451bde1744
f1d9d308d4d77bf8059a

each contains some kind ot single text file, or UPDATE subfolder with some
files in it.

1.
What is creating these files and when?
Windows update?
2.
Why do I need these folders for?
3.
Can I just delete them?

Jack

Jerry

      3rd Apr 2007
Delete them; they are created by an update/hotfix/etc install routine.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...