why did MS make it so difficult w/page numbers?

mvillafana2002

      31st Oct 2009
Hi,

In older versions of MS Office, when I click on the page number tab, there
was a VERY CLEAR option which stated "hide page number on page 1" (or
something along that line).

I think I got it to work, but nevertheless I think the point is quite valid--

Miguel V.

JoAnn Paules

      31st Oct 2009
Did you try searching for "page number" in the Help file? The third hit is
what you want.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mvillafana2002" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> In older versions of MS Office, when I click on the page number tab, there
> was a VERY CLEAR option which stated "hide page number on page 1" (or
> something along that line).
>
> I think I got it to work, but nevertheless I think the point is quite
> valid--
>
> Miguel V.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      31st Oct 2009
Previous versions have the Insert | Page Numbers dialog, which does have a
check box for "Show number on first page." It also has Inside and Outside
options, as well as Right, Left, and Center. All of this is accomplished by
putting the page number in a frame and formatting the frame. More recent
versions of Word have attempted to move away from frames and also,
incidentally, introduce users to more stable ways of inserting page numbers
(directly in the header or footer), but this does require users to learn how
to use "Different first page" and "Different odd and even."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)