Why continuous "Preparing to send/receive" (synchronizing folders)

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

      31st Dec 2006
When sending a file with POP/SMTP mail server account, Outlook displays a
continuous "Preparing to send/receive" message with icon in lower right
corner of Outlook window. Windows Toolbar icon also present states
"Microsoft Office Outllook is synchronizing folders". I am not aware of any
folders pecified for synchronizing. What is the problem here?

Thanks,
Paul

Roady [MVP]

      31st Dec 2006
A Send/Receive interval is considered a synchronizaton. If this is shown
continiously you either have an (additional) account configured that is not
working properly or you have set your automatic send/receive interval to a
really short period. You should never set it less than 10 minutes even on a
fast connection. When you are on a slow connection set it to around 30
minutes or even longer.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
> When sending a file with POP/SMTP mail server account, Outlook displays a
> continuous "Preparing to send/receive" message with icon in lower right
> corner of Outlook window. Windows Toolbar icon also present states
> "Microsoft Office Outllook is synchronizing folders". I am not aware of
> any
> folders pecified for synchronizing. What is the problem here?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

      3rd Jan 2007
I resolved the problem by running "Detect and Repair".

"Paul" wrote:

> When sending a file with POP/SMTP mail server account, Outlook displays a
> continuous "Preparing to send/receive" message with icon in lower right
> corner of Outlook window. Windows Toolbar icon also present states
> "Microsoft Office Outllook is synchronizing folders". I am not aware of any
> folders pecified for synchronizing. What is the problem here?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

New Member

      27th Oct 2008
I am having the same problem. I have tried running the 'Office Diagnostics' (which is the 2007 version of 'Detect and Repair') but it has not picked up the problem so Outlook 2007 keeps getting stuck sending and receiving continuously - anyone know how to fix it?

New Member

      8th Apr 2009
Try this:

Click Ctrl-Alt-Delete, so that the Windows Task Manager comes up.

Click on the Processes Tab.

Select OUTLOOK.exe, and click End processes. You may have more than one instance running, and each should be deleted.