Why can't I unhide a hiden row

=?Utf-8?B?SkJ1cmtl?=

      8th Jan 2005
A new problem in Excel - when I hide a row, suddenly I can't use the "unhide"
menu command to unhide the row. I have to use the tool and pull it down and
resize it. Anyone experienced this? Thanks

RWN

      8th Jan 2005
Does the "UnHide" show up on the menu (or is it greyed out - protected sheet).

Are you selecting the rows on either side of the hidden rows?

--
Regards;
Rob
"JBurke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A new problem in Excel - when I hide a row, suddenly I can't use the "unhide"
> menu command to unhide the row. I have to use the tool and pull it down and
> resize it. Anyone experienced this? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?SkJ1cmtl?=

      8th Jan 2005
Yes. "Unhide" does show up, but when you selected it nothing seems to
happen. The sheet is not protected, and I am selecting the rows above and
below the hidden rows.

That's why it's so puzzling to me. Thanks for writing back.

BTW...It's Excel 2003 SP1.

"RWN" wrote:

> Does the "UnHide" show up on the menu (or is it greyed out - protected sheet).
>
> Are you selecting the rows on either side of the hidden rows?
>
> --
> Regards;
> Rob
> "JBurke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > A new problem in Excel - when I hide a row, suddenly I can't use the "unhide"
> > menu command to unhide the row. I have to use the tool and pull it down and
> > resize it. Anyone experienced this? Thanks

Norman Jones

      8th Jan 2005
Hi J,

I would guess that the row's height has been set to a very low size. Try
resizing the relevant row.

---
Regards,
Norman

"JBurke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes. "Unhide" does show up, but when you selected it nothing seems to
> happen. The sheet is not protected, and I am selecting the rows above and
> below the hidden rows.
>
> That's why it's so puzzling to me. Thanks for writing back.
>
> BTW...It's Excel 2003 SP1.
>
> "RWN" wrote:
>
>> Does the "UnHide" show up on the menu (or is it greyed out - protected
>> sheet).
>>
>> Are you selecting the rows on either side of the hidden rows?
>>
>> --
>> Regards;
>> Rob
>> "JBurke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > A new problem in Excel - when I hide a row, suddenly I can't use the
>> > "unhide"
>> > menu command to unhide the row. I have to use the tool and pull it
>> > down and
>> > resize it. Anyone experienced this? Thanks

Norman Jones

      8th Jan 2005

Hi J,

Another thought, how did you hide the row?

---
Regards,
Norman

"Norman Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi J,
>
> I would guess that the row's height has been set to a very low size. Try
> resizing the relevant row.
>
> ---
> Regards,
> Norman

Dave Peterson

      8th Jan 2005
Ahhh.

I bet you're thinking: Data|filter|show all
or some sort of unfiltering action.

--

Dave Peterson

Peo Sjoblom

      8th Jan 2005
Press F5 and type in a cell address in this particular row, so if it is row
5 type for instance in A5,
then do format>row>height and select 12.75 and press enter

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"JBurke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes. "Unhide" does show up, but when you selected it nothing seems to
> happen. The sheet is not protected, and I am selecting the rows above and
> below the hidden rows.
>
> That's why it's so puzzling to me. Thanks for writing back.
>
> BTW...It's Excel 2003 SP1.
>
> "RWN" wrote:
>
>> Does the "UnHide" show up on the menu (or is it greyed out - protected
>> sheet).
>>
>> Are you selecting the rows on either side of the hidden rows?
>>
>> --
>> Regards;
>> Rob
>> "JBurke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > A new problem in Excel - when I hide a row, suddenly I can't use the
>> > "unhide"
>> > menu command to unhide the row. I have to use the tool and pull it
>> > down and
>> > resize it. Anyone experienced this? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?SkJ1cmtl?=

      8th Jan 2005
First, thanks to everyone for their thoughtful replies.

I was able to resize the row using Peo's suggestion, as I was able to just
drag the row down to reveal it. The strange thing to me is that it won't
function as it should - and has in the past - by just selecting the row and
unhiding it.

In answer to the other question, I just hid it normally by selecting Row -
Hide from the menu. "Hide" works, but "Unhide" suddendly does not. It's not
that I can't get to the row. It's just strange to me that I can't unhide it.
This is a function I've used often and successfully for quite a while that
suddenly won't work.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Press F5 and type in a cell address in this particular row, so if it is row
> 5 type for instance in A5,
> then do format>row>height and select 12.75 and press enter
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> (No private emails please, for everyone's
> benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum)
>

> "JBurke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes. "Unhide" does show up, but when you selected it nothing seems to
> > happen. The sheet is not protected, and I am selecting the rows above and
> > below the hidden rows.
> >
> > That's why it's so puzzling to me. Thanks for writing back.
> >
> > BTW...It's Excel 2003 SP1.
> >
> > "RWN" wrote:
> >
> >> Does the "UnHide" show up on the menu (or is it greyed out - protected
> >> sheet).
> >>
> >> Are you selecting the rows on either side of the hidden rows?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards;
> >> Rob
> >> "JBurke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

New Member

      26th Jan 2011
Try Data - Filter - Clear

New Member

      13th Jul 2011
Thanks so much for the advice to undo the data filter!