Why can't I see my entire Worksheet on the Excel screen?

Brad

      29th Oct 2008
I have a workbook that was created in Excel 2003, and has been fine for the
past few months since I've moved to Excel 2007. About 2 weeks ago my
workbook shrunk so that it uses up only about 50% of the viewable area on the
work area window. Normally, you would be able to click on the Maximize
button, or double-click the Title Bar, to expand the sheet to the full window
size, but Maximize, Minimize, and Exit are not showing on the Title Bar of
the Worksheet at all, and double-clicking the Title Bar itself has no effect.
The only thing that appears different is that the Worksheet is marked as
being in Compatibility Mode.

Can anyone tell me how to get my worksheet expanded to use all of the
available screen area?

Thank you.

Don Guillett

      29th Oct 2008

Is it in page break view. Look at the view menu

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a workbook that was created in Excel 2003, and has been fine for the
> past few months since I've moved to Excel 2007. About 2 weeks ago my
> workbook shrunk so that it uses up only about 50% of the viewable area on
> the
> work area window. Normally, you would be able to click on the Maximize
> button, or double-click the Title Bar, to expand the sheet to the full
> window
> size, but Maximize, Minimize, and Exit are not showing on the Title Bar of
> the Worksheet at all, and double-clicking the Title Bar itself has no
> effect.
> The only thing that appears different is that the Worksheet is marked as
> being in Compatibility Mode.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get my worksheet expanded to use all of the
> available screen area?
>
> Thank you.

Bernard Liengme

      29th Oct 2008
Have you tried moving the Zoom slider - lower right corner
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a workbook that was created in Excel 2003, and has been fine for the
> past few months since I've moved to Excel 2007. About 2 weeks ago my
> workbook shrunk so that it uses up only about 50% of the viewable area on
> the
> work area window. Normally, you would be able to click on the Maximize
> button, or double-click the Title Bar, to expand the sheet to the full
> window
> size, but Maximize, Minimize, and Exit are not showing on the Title Bar of
> the Worksheet at all, and double-clicking the Title Bar itself has no
> effect.
> The only thing that appears different is that the Worksheet is marked as
> being in Compatibility Mode.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get my worksheet expanded to use all of the
> available screen area?
>
> Thank you.

JP

      27th Nov 2008
I'm having the same error, the excel file is fitted into a small window of
half the size of my screen, the reso of the screen is filled with Excel's
background blue color.
its not a zoom problem (if I zoom it zooms inside that small window) and
its not a page break issue as all that is also INSIDE the window. The problem
is the window can't be maximized.

Any one else having this issue?

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Have you tried moving the Zoom slider - lower right corner
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a workbook that was created in Excel 2003, and has been fine for the
> > past few months since I've moved to Excel 2007. About 2 weeks ago my
> > workbook shrunk so that it uses up only about 50% of the viewable area on
> > the
> > work area window. Normally, you would be able to click on the Maximize
> > button, or double-click the Title Bar, to expand the sheet to the full
> > window
> > size, but Maximize, Minimize, and Exit are not showing on the Title Bar of
> > the Worksheet at all, and double-clicking the Title Bar itself has no
> > effect.
> > The only thing that appears different is that the Worksheet is marked as
> > being in Compatibility Mode.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to get my worksheet expanded to use all of the
> > available screen area?
> >
> > Thank you.

Gord Dibben

      27th Nov 2008
Is the workbook protected for structure and windows?

If so, the Min, Max/Restore and Exit will not appear on the title bar.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:26:15 -0800, JP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm having the same error, the excel file is fitted into a small window of
>half the size of my screen, the reso of the screen is filled with Excel's
>background blue color.
> its not a zoom problem (if I zoom it zooms inside that small window) and
>its not a page break issue as all that is also INSIDE the window. The problem
>is the window can't be maximized.
>
>Any one else having this issue?
>
>"Bernard Liengme" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried moving the Zoom slider - lower right corner
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> "Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have a workbook that was created in Excel 2003, and has been fine for the
>> > past few months since I've moved to Excel 2007. About 2 weeks ago my
>> > workbook shrunk so that it uses up only about 50% of the viewable area on
>> > the
>> > work area window. Normally, you would be able to click on the Maximize
>> > button, or double-click the Title Bar, to expand the sheet to the full
>> > window
>> > size, but Maximize, Minimize, and Exit are not showing on the Title Bar of
>> > the Worksheet at all, and double-clicking the Title Bar itself has no
>> > effect.
>> > The only thing that appears different is that the Worksheet is marked as
>> > being in Compatibility Mode.
>> >
>> > Can anyone tell me how to get my worksheet expanded to use all of the
>> > available screen area?
>> >
>> > Thank you.

New Member

      11th Nov 2012
Hello,
I hit "Ctrl + F9" and it "Minimized the workbook window. I then Restored the window and it restored perfectly. Hopefully this works for you guys.

New Member

      5th Feb 2013
Go to view:
Arrange All
Cascade
Doing this should put your spreadsheet back to size so that you can see the buttons in the upper left hand corner.