Why can't my Video card play the game

Elorelkaw

      6th Nov 2006
Whenever I play a game, after fifteen minutes my computer freezes and
reboots.

I have a NVidia Geforce 6600 LE model.

the dog from that film you saw

      6th Nov 2006

"Elorelkaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whenever I play a game, after fifteen minutes my computer freezes and
> reboots.
>
> I have a NVidia Geforce 6600 LE model.

probably overheating - try looking for dust in your pc - and remove it.
then check the system fans, and indeed the graphics card fan is working.
or maybe it's not the card that came with your pc, and your pc case just
cant circulate enough air.

--
Gareth.
A french man who wanted a castle threw his cat into a pond.

DRS

      6th Nov 2006
"the dog from that film you saw" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)
> "Elorelkaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Whenever I play a game, after fifteen minutes my computer freezes and
>> reboots.
>>
>> I have a NVidia Geforce 6600 LE model.

> probably overheating

Or failing/inadequate PSU.

Elorelkaw

      7th Nov 2006
Do I have to take apart the PC for this.

the dog from that film you saw

      7th Nov 2006

"Elorelkaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do I have to take apart the PC for this.

indeed.

--
Gareth.
A french man who wanted a castle threw his cat into a pond.
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/dsbmusic/

gypsy3001@yahoo.com

      18th Nov 2006
Elorelkaw wrote:
> Whenever I play a game, after fifteen minutes my computer freezes and
> reboots.
> I have a NVidia Geforce 6600 LE model.

It might not be the video card. I had the same experience and blamed it
on my graphics board. Turned out to be a bad memory module:
http://www.gearhack.com/Forums/Displ...press_200.html

Chieh