Why aren't my contacts showing in the "show names from the" dropdo

=?Utf-8?B?U3VkaXRo?=

      16th Nov 2005
When creating a new message, I click on the "To" button to open up my
contacts. Here, when I select my contact list from the "Show names from the"
dropdown list, my Outlook Address book contacts are not displayed. Hence, I
can not select my personal contacts. Why is this happening and how can I
stop it?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      16th Nov 2005
Why it is happening only you can answer. You've provided no information that
would permit us to (not even your Outlook version).
I would suggest reading Help Files or KB on how to configure the Outlook
Address Book.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sudith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When creating a new message, I click on the "To" button to open up my
> contacts. Here, when I select my contact list from the "Show names from
> the"
> dropdown list, my Outlook Address book contacts are not displayed. Hence,
> can not select my personal contacts. Why is this happening and how can I
> stop it?

=?Utf-8?B?U3VkaXRo?=

      16th Nov 2005
Sorry about that.

I am using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP platform. Does that info help?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Why it is happening only you can answer. You've provided no information that
> would permit us to (not even your Outlook version).
> I would suggest reading Help Files or KB on how to configure the Outlook
> Address Book.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Sudith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When creating a new message, I click on the "To" button to open up my
> > contacts. Here, when I select my contact list from the "Show names from
> > the"
> > dropdown list, my Outlook Address book contacts are not displayed. Hence,
> > can not select my personal contacts. Why is this happening and how can I
> > stop it?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      16th Nov 2005
Not really. You told us nothing else about how your Outlook Address Book is
configured.
Did you read the article? Please do. If it does not answer your question,
post back with the reasons it doesn't.