PC Review

View Poll Results: Which of these articles would you like to see?
Wireless Networking Tutorial 49 32.24%
Spyware Removal 53 34.87%
Hardware Installation Guides 36 23.68%
Ways to speed up a PC 69 45.39%
Online Payment Systems Guide 17 11.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Which of these articles would you like to see?

Rocket Scientist

2nd Sep 2004
We are currently planning a new set of articles, but we would like your feedback on what sort of items you would like to see. Please vote for any articles that would interested you, and let us know if there is anything that isn't covered.

2nd Sep 2004
lol 1 vote for each...

i vote "ways to speed up PC"

EVGA 680SLi Motherboard, Intel E6600 LGA775 3.4GHz OC'd, ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024Mb, 4Gb Corsair XMS C4 2x Matched Pairs, Samsung Spinpoint's 740Gb RAID 0 SATAII, Antec Three Hundred Case, Windows 7 Home Premium.

2nd Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherpostill
lol 1 vote for each...

i vote "ways to speed up PC"
me 2 - all very useful topic's

Cookie Monster

2nd Sep 2004
Hardware installation and ways to speed your PC up for me. Not intrested in networks, or spyware to be honest.

| Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 | i7 950 | MSI GTX580 Twin FrozR | 6 gig Corsair XMS3 | Corsair TX850 |

2nd Sep 2004
not so much the spyware, maybe i will need help with my network when i get one, but.. definately ways to speed up a computer for me..

*chants*.... overclock

Captain Crunchie, Retired

2nd Sep 2004
Ian, I may just have a wee shot at the "WIFI" for you.

As for "speeding up" your system, there is not a lot you can do ... unless you are an overclocker.

Spyware removal would be a contender on my list ... I see a considerable amout of people don't have the basic knowledge of "Malware" and think all they need is an AV program.

I am the dreadful menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Staff

2nd Sep 2004
Got WiFi covered for now, 90% on Part 1, 50% on Part 2, and close with the super duper mega stunt article about WiFi that you'll all ahve to wait and see about.

Be greatful if you gave them a read over before i publish though.

Captain Crunchie, Retired

2nd Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Jason H
Got WiFi covered for now, 90% on Part 1, 50% on Part 2, and close with the super duper mega stunt article about WiFi that you'll all ahve to wait and see about.

Be greatful if you gave them a read over before i publish though.
Point me in the right direction and I'll take a look.

I am the dreadful menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

2nd Sep 2004
I did vote for them all..(Silly Really)... they are all super usefull topics and guides..
but if i had to put them in order of interest it would be:-

1. Wireless Networking
2. Hardware Installation
3. Online Payment Systems Guide
4. Spyware Removal
5. Ways To Speed Up A PC...

Squeak Squeak!!

sugar 'n spikes

2nd Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckshifter
As for "speeding up" your system, there is not a lot you can do ... unless you are an overclocker.
ohmigod, I think I'm an overclocker!

Who, then, are these mysterious denizens known furtively the world over as 'Overclockers'?

Shunned by normal computer society regulars, denigrated and ridiculed by Mac & Dell owners everywhere, the Overclocker's path is a long and tortuous trail with little recognition and only self reward making their pursuit worthwhile.

The overclocker's machine will always have quick access to the motherboard, particularly the 'reset CMOS' jumper, as the overclocker will always need to get to that quickly when yet another over-ambitious attempt siezes the system completely on boot.

The overclocker is obessed with temps and every single one of those mysterious RAM settings found in the bios of every 'serious' motherboard.

The overclocker will spend way too much money on every latest cooling solution, in their never ending quest for stability.

The overclcoker will grin inanely to themself when finally an extra 300Mhz is reached, temp stays at 52C on full load and all runs stable.

But it only lasts a week. After that, a trembling of limbs ensues, a twitching of eyebrows occurs as the urge to go even faster overwhelms them.

They could, of course, just have bought a faster system, but that's not really a challenge, is it?

So, are you an overclocker?

Don Van Vliet 1941 - 2010. And the acid gold bar swirled up and down, up and down.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: