erables40@gmail.com

      21st Nov 2006
Hi I have a laptop with an athlon 64 3500+ with 512 mb ram.
I am planning to replace my desktop with an amd 4200+ am2 X2 and 1G
ram.
My question is, my laptop came with windows home 32bit, should i just
keep this version? or is it worth spending the money for xp64(which
after reading some posts is worthless) or investing in Vista 64 bit and
adding more ram?
if I keep the 32 bit version was buying a laptop with the athlon 64 a
waste of money?

For my desktop should i just keep the windows i have 32 bit or is it a
waste of money investing in a 64 bit dual core chip, and staying with
winxp32?
Tia

Detlev Dreyer

      21st Nov 2006
"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> My question is, my laptop came with windows home 32bit, should i just
> keep this version? or is it worth spending the money for xp64(which
> after reading some posts is worthless) or investing in Vista 64 bit and
> adding more ram?

The answer depends on what you're planning to do. If you intend to run
64-bit applications, go with the 64-bit OS. Otherwise, you may want to
stick with the 32-bit OS. Note that the 64-bit OS may or may not lack
of the necessary 64-bit drivers for your laptop.

> if I keep the 32 bit version was buying a laptop with the athlon 64 a
> waste of money?

That depends on your needs. If you stick with the 32-bit OS, the waste
of money is exactly the difference between what you've paid for your
64-bit hardware compared to the price for an adequate 32-bit laptop.

> For my desktop should i just keep the windows i have 32 bit or is it a
> waste of money investing in a 64 bit dual core chip, and staying with
> winxp32?

See above.

--
d-d