WGAErrLog.txt in C:\WINDOWS\Temp ???

Mark \(MCP\)

      12th Nov 2006
In the C:\WINDOWS\Temp directory (or folder) there are two files that cannot
be deleted and are 1KB in size:

WGAErrLog.txt
WGANotify.settings

The WGAErrLog.txt file has a very long number in it and I wonder what the
number represents or indicates. Anyone know?

Also, why can't these two files be removed? Does this indicate a WGA
problem?

I searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base and found nothing on this file.

Thanks.

Alias

      12th Nov 2006
Mark (MCP) wrote:
> In the C:\WINDOWS\Temp directory (or folder) there are two files that cannot
> be deleted and are 1KB in size:
>
> WGAErrLog.txt
> WGANotify.settings
>
> The WGAErrLog.txt file has a very long number in it and I wonder what the
> number represents or indicates. Anyone know?
>
> Also, why can't these two files be removed? Does this indicate a WGA
> problem?
>
> I searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base and found nothing on this file.
>
> Thanks.

Crap Cleaner will get rid of them. http://www.ccleaner.com/

Alias