"WGAErrLog" Text Document in the windows TEMP Folder?

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=

      1st May 2006
Hi

Firstly, I am using Windows XP Home and it is a legal, validated and
purchased copy. The Windows Genuine Advantage Tool is installed.

Now to my question. I have been using XP Home for around two years without
problems, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed a text file appear
in the Windows TEMP file and that file is called "WGAErrLog".

When I open the the text file, I see about two and a quarter lines of
numbers and letters and the first line is:

D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_6AA6ADEF-541-80004005_D446F

Can anyone tell me why this WGAErrLog file has just started appearing in my
Windows TEMP folder?

Regards

Dave

Jon

      1st May 2006

> Hi
>
> Firstly, I am using Windows XP Home and it is a legal, validated and
> purchased copy. The Windows Genuine Advantage Tool is installed.
>
> Now to my question. I have been using XP Home for around two years
> without
> problems, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed a text file
> appear
> in the Windows TEMP file and that file is called "WGAErrLog".
>
> When I open the the text file, I see about two and a quarter lines of
> numbers and letters and the first line is:
>
> D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_6AA6ADEF-541-80004005_D446F
>
> Can anyone tell me why this WGAErrLog file has just started appearing in
> my
> Windows TEMP folder?
>
> Regards
>
> Dave

Equivalent to asking - Yes I've let the wild dog run amok around my house,
and do what it likes, but why is there now a mess on the kitchen floor?

Jon

Alias

      1st May 2006
Dave wrote:
> Hi
>
> Firstly, I am using Windows XP Home and it is a legal, validated and
> purchased copy. The Windows Genuine Advantage Tool is installed.
>
> Now to my question. I have been using XP Home for around two years without
> problems, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed a text file appear
> in the Windows TEMP file and that file is called "WGAErrLog".
>
> When I open the the text file, I see about two and a quarter lines of
> numbers and letters and the first line is:
>
> D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_6AA6ADEF-541-80004005_D446F
>
> Can anyone tell me why this WGAErrLog file has just started appearing in my
> Windows TEMP folder?
>
> Regards
>
> Dave

It's from the latest WGA "critical update", an update that serves no
purpose for the user but does serve to supposedly show MS if you're a
thief or not. Ignore the file; it can't be removed.

If that thrills you, just wait until next Tuesday when a new and
"improved" WGA comes out (the fourth one).

Looks like MS is going to WGA itself out of business and create a legion
of users who are quite angry. Very stupid PR move on the part of MS if
you ask me.

Alias

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=

      1st May 2006
Hi

Many thanks to those who have replied to my question.

Even though I had never seen this error message in the Win Temp folder until
a couple of days ago, I had started to ignore it until this evening when I
stared up my computer and got M$ messages telling me that my copy of Windows
was counterfeit and it now appears every time I boot into Windows and, quite
frankly, it's p*****g me off!

As stated in my first post, my copy of XP Home IS a bought and LEGAL copy of
XP!

I have the COA on the side of my computer case which has a LEGAL M$ product
installation key, so on earth is going on here!!!!!

Oh and by the way, when I signed in here for the first time, I did not
insert any email address in my profile, so if M$ don't collect information
from the user, how come I got a notification email from The Microsoft
Community, which was sent to my primary email address??????

Regards, Dave

"A bloody annoyed Windows User"

"Alias" wrote:

> Dave wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Firstly, I am using Windows XP Home and it is a legal, validated and
> > purchased copy. The Windows Genuine Advantage Tool is installed.
> >
> > Now to my question. I have been using XP Home for around two years without
> > problems, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed a text file appear
> > in the Windows TEMP file and that file is called "WGAErrLog".
> >
> > When I open the the text file, I see about two and a quarter lines of
> > numbers and letters and the first line is:
> >
> > D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_6AA6ADEF-541-80004005_D446F
> >
> > Can anyone tell me why this WGAErrLog file has just started appearing in my
> > Windows TEMP folder?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Dave
> >

> It's from the latest WGA "critical update", an update that serves no
> purpose for the user but does serve to supposedly show MS if you're a
> thief or not. Ignore the file; it can't be removed.
>
> If that thrills you, just wait until next Tuesday when a new and
> "improved" WGA comes out (the fourth one).
>
> Looks like MS is going to WGA itself out of business and create a legion
> of users who are quite angry. Very stupid PR move on the part of MS if
> you ask me.
>
> Alias

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=

      2nd May 2006
Hi

I replied last night to a user called "Alias" (though I'm not sure of the
name but I have just logged in today and I see that his reply has been
removed and also my latest response.

If the moderators have removed my post and that of Alias, you should provide
an explanation as to why you removed the posts.

What on earth is going on at this forum.

Your in disgust

Dave

"Jon" wrote:

> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > Firstly, I am using Windows XP Home and it is a legal, validated and
> > purchased copy. The Windows Genuine Advantage Tool is installed.
> >
> > Now to my question. I have been using XP Home for around two years
> > without
> > problems, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed a text file
> > appear
> > in the Windows TEMP file and that file is called "WGAErrLog".
> >
> > When I open the the text file, I see about two and a quarter lines of
> > numbers and letters and the first line is:
> >
> > D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_6AA6ADEF-541-80004005_D446F
> >
> > Can anyone tell me why this WGAErrLog file has just started appearing in
> > my
> > Windows TEMP folder?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Dave
> >

> Equivalent to asking - Yes I've let the wild dog run amok around my house,
> and do what it likes, but why is there now a mess on the kitchen floor?
>
> Jon

Alias

      2nd May 2006
Dave wrote:
> Hi
>
> I replied last night to a user called "Alias" (though I'm not sure of the
> name but I have just logged in today and I see that his reply has been
> removed and also my latest response.
>
> If the moderators have removed my post and that of Alias, you should provide
> an explanation as to why you removed the posts.
>
> What on earth is going on at this forum.
>
> Your in disgust
>
> Dave

You mean this one?:

[...]

Mine has been removed.

Alias

> "Jon" wrote:
>
>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Firstly, I am using Windows XP Home and it is a legal, validated and
>>> purchased copy. The Windows Genuine Advantage Tool is installed.
>>>
>>> Now to my question. I have been using XP Home for around two years
>>> without
>>> problems, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed a text file
>>> appear
>>> in the Windows TEMP file and that file is called "WGAErrLog".
>>>
>>> When I open the the text file, I see about two and a quarter lines of
>>> numbers and letters and the first line is:
>>>
>>> D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_6AA6ADEF-541-80004005_D446F
>>>
>>> Can anyone tell me why this WGAErrLog file has just started appearing in
>>> my
>>> Windows TEMP folder?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>> Equivalent to asking - Yes I've let the wild dog run amok around my house,
>> and do what it likes, but why is there now a mess on the kitchen floor?
>>
>> Jon

Dave

      18th May 2006
Dave