Western Digital drive info

rpl

      25th Dec 2004
Anyone have a reference explaining the differences between
WD2500JJ
WD2500BB
WD2500JBRTL

or what all the suffix'es mean ? TIA

Grinder

      25th Dec 2004
rpl wrote:
> Anyone have a reference explaining the differences between
> WD2500JJ
> WD2500BB
> WD2500JBRTL

Here are specifications for the last two:

http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_...51#description
http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_...06#description

It looks like the "BB" has a 2 Mb cache, while the "JBRTL" has 8 Mb. I
cannot find *any* reference to "WD2500JJ".

> or what all the suffix'es mean ?

There's a comment here:
http://www.storagereview.com/article...D2000xB_1.html

We'd be remiss not to touch on the travails resulting
from Western Digital's ambiguous naming scheme. As has
been the case for more than 2.5 years now, WD
distinguishes its lines of drives only with [suffixes]:

AB (5400 RPM)
BB (7200 RPM 2 MB buffer)
JB (7200 RPM 8 MB buffer)

That doesn't clear much up, though, for your given examples.

John Smith

      25th Dec 2004
JBRTL is, I believe a retail kit which includes SATA cable and mounting
screws(what I bought). A JBR by itself is the bare drive. A little
investigation at the WD website will shed further light.