PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Weight of PC tower?

 
 
Christo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      19th Apr 2006
not sure if this is relevant to this group but couldnt think of anywhere
else

can anyone tell me what roughly the weight of a PC tower is

a full ATX tower.. in Kg preferably but its not important, would like to
know

Thanks in advance

Christo


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
kony
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      19th Apr 2006
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:53:30 +0100, "Christo"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>not sure if this is relevant to this group but couldnt think of anywhere
>else
>
>can anyone tell me what roughly the weight of a PC tower is
>
>a full ATX tower.. in Kg preferably but its not important, would like to
>know
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Christo
>



A full tower can hold a lot of parts, it'll depend on how
full of parts it is.

Random number would be 35 Kg
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
paulmd@efn.org
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Apr 2006

Christo wrote:
> not sure if this is relevant to this group but couldnt think of anywhere
> else
>
> can anyone tell me what roughly the weight of a PC tower is
>
> a full ATX tower.. in Kg preferably but its not important, would like to
> know
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Christo



They vary a lot. The ones with plastic or aluminium side panels are
lighter than the ones made out of thick steel. The heaviest beasts are
often servers, which seem to be designed to give superman a hernia.

 
Reply With Quote
 
kony
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Apr 2006
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:34:21 GMT, kony <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:53:30 +0100, "Christo"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>not sure if this is relevant to this group but couldnt think of anywhere
>>else
>>
>>can anyone tell me what roughly the weight of a PC tower is
>>
>>a full ATX tower.. in Kg preferably but its not important, would like to
>>know
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>Christo
>>

>
>
>A full tower can hold a lot of parts, it'll depend on how
>full of parts it is.
>
>Random number would be 35 Kg



That's with the parts in it of course, and one of reasonably
thick metal, not a $40 cheapie.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Apr 2006

"kony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:34:21 GMT, kony <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:53:30 +0100, "Christo"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>not sure if this is relevant to this group but couldnt think of anywhere
>>>else
>>>
>>>can anyone tell me what roughly the weight of a PC tower is
>>>
>>>a full ATX tower.. in Kg preferably but its not important, would like to
>>>know
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance
>>>
>>>Christo
>>>

>>
>>
>>A full tower can hold a lot of parts, it'll depend on how
>>full of parts it is.
>>
>>Random number would be 35 Kg

>
>
> That's with the parts in it of course, and one of reasonably
> thick metal, not a $40 cheapie.


35kg?? Not for an ordinary consumer pc surely. I would have said more in the
5-10kg range with the PSU as the heaviest component.


 
Reply With Quote
 
kony
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Apr 2006
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:24:29 +0200, "Dave"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>"kony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:34:21 GMT, kony <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:53:30 +0100, "Christo"
>>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>>not sure if this is relevant to this group but couldnt think of anywhere
>>>>else
>>>>
>>>>can anyone tell me what roughly the weight of a PC tower is
>>>>
>>>>a full ATX tower.. in Kg preferably but its not important, would like to
>>>>know
>>>>
>>>>Thanks in advance
>>>>
>>>>Christo
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>A full tower can hold a lot of parts, it'll depend on how
>>>full of parts it is.
>>>
>>>Random number would be 35 Kg

>>
>>
>> That's with the parts in it of course, and one of reasonably
>> thick metal, not a $40 cheapie.

>
>35kg?? Not for an ordinary consumer pc surely. I would have said more in the
>5-10kg range with the PSU as the heaviest component.
>


A very cheap, small PC might be only 5-10 Kg. A full ATX
tower case alone (of reasonable quality) is more than 10Kg
empty.



 
Reply With Quote
 
JohnS@Hawaii.rr.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      21st Apr 2006
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:34:19 GMT, kony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>A very cheap, small PC might be only 5-10 Kg. A full ATX
>tower case alone (of reasonable quality) is more than 10Kg
>empty.


Some of the older type cases even mid tower ones were HEAVY.
The more recent cases tend to be far lighter. And the recent aluminum
ones I bought are feather light. Some steel cases surprisingly are
very light nowadays.

Either way you put CD and DVD drives in them and they start to get
pretty heavy. Those are really hefty. HDs argent as heavy as CD/DVD
drives but they add noticeably to the weight too. In my Antec mid
tower, there are 5 HDs and 2 burners , it feels pretty heavy.

If you add that same amount of stuff to a heavy old case --- it gets
fairly unbearable if you had to carry it around a fair distance.

 
Reply With Quote
 
kony
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Apr 2006
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:42:15 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:34:19 GMT, kony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>
>>A very cheap, small PC might be only 5-10 Kg. A full ATX
>>tower case alone (of reasonable quality) is more than 10Kg
>>empty.

>
>Some of the older type cases even mid tower ones were HEAVY.
>The more recent cases tend to be far lighter. And the recent aluminum
>ones I bought are feather light. Some steel cases surprisingly are
>very light nowadays.
>
>Either way you put CD and DVD drives in them and they start to get
>pretty heavy. Those are really hefty. HDs argent as heavy as CD/DVD
>drives but they add noticeably to the weight too. In my Antec mid
>tower, there are 5 HDs and 2 burners , it feels pretty heavy.
>
>If you add that same amount of stuff to a heavy old case --- it gets
>fairly unbearable if you had to carry it around a fair distance.
>



Yep, ii,ve an old AT full tower here which has each
removable side panel weighing more than an entire low-end
mATX. It has wheels though, and (LOL) the wheels alone are
worth more to me than an entire low-end mATX case would be;
ie- about $6

I don't even buy new cases for personal builds anymore, the
only thing I liked more about newer cases was the front
ports/sockets but I've accumulated enough bay all-in-one
port thingamajigs and various dongles that it's worth the 5
minutes to add one over spending $100 for something of
slightly lower quality and STILL wanting to mod it towards
the airflow I'd alredy achieved in cases already owned.
Someday BTX will be dominant though, I'll resist that as
long as possible.
 
Reply With Quote
 
JohnS@hawaii.rr.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      25th Apr 2006
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:53:30 +0100, "Christo"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>not sure if this is relevant to this group but couldnt think of anywhere
>else
>
>can anyone tell me what roughly the weight of a PC tower is
>
>a full ATX tower.. in Kg preferably but its not important, would like to
>know
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Christo


Ive been working on several of my systems so I actually decided to
weigh it for the heck of it. I used a bathroom scale.

My second system is a Antec full tower case which is one of the
lighter cases , not the really heavy old style case but not as light
as two of my newest cases . My lightest cases is a aluminum one by
Antec the Super Lanboy which is made to be more portable. Another is a
MGE cases which is steel but they made everything so thin its really
light and they are both midtowers.

The Antec full tower with one DVD burner and two hard disks , also
power supply of course --- the other main heavy component , with
motherboard, cables , CPU and memory ----- 40 pounds. The optical
drives seem like they are the heaviest component in the system next to
the case which greatly varies in weight.













 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to limit the Weight of any weight distribution Flawlesgem Microsoft Excel Misc 5 8th Mar 2008 10:34 PM
how to limit the Weight of any weight distribution Flawlesgem Microsoft Excel Worksheet Functions 1 7th Mar 2008 12:22 PM
Weight loss line chart to monitor weight loss progress =?Utf-8?B?UyBGb3g=?= Microsoft Excel Charting 6 8th Nov 2005 06:10 PM
Weight Weight Weight =?Utf-8?B?QmVuSkFNTUlO?= Microsoft Excel Misc 1 8th Oct 2004 10:43 PM
How much weight in gold can be recovered from a CPU? Jim Lazzaro Windows XP Help 2 6th May 2004 03:18 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:11 PM.