Billy

      13th Jul 2009
I use XP Home Edit and FireFox and IE at times.

Once I am connected to web via Road Runner, all is fine and fast.,

However, it takes anywhere from 5-10 minutes to connect initially when I
click the Internet icon. Don't think is normal, is there I way I can speed
up the initial connect? No other programs are running.

tks all

bw

Tim Meddick

      17th Jul 2009

Personally, if everything else is "fine and fast" I would leave it
alone.

However, you could make the connection process start automatically at
start-up.

Right-click on the connection within the 'Control Panel' > 'Network
Connections' folder and selecting 'Create Shortcut' - this will place a
shortcut on your desktop.

Then move this shortcut to the 'Startup' folder on your 'Start Menu' and
the connection will start automatically with your desktop...

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...