web browsing

wzeig

      15th Jan 2005
I like the new product-it picked up things that Ad-Aware
& Spybot have missed, but I cannot leave it on. I cannot
access anything except my home page? Do internet options
need to be re-set in some special way. I now keep it off
& just do a scan when needed.

Steve Wechsler [MVP]

      16th Jan 2005
wzeig wrote:

> I like the new product-it picked up things that Ad-Aware
> & Spybot have missed, but I cannot leave it on. I cannot
> access anything except my home page? Do internet options
> need to be re-set in some special way. I now keep it off
> & just do a scan when needed.

Do you get an error message when using IE ? Check the HOSTS file by
going to Tools, Advanced Tools, System Explorers. Click on Windows
Host File. Are all the sites listed directed to 127.0.0.1 ?

Try clearing the Temporary Internet Files cache by going to Internet
Options in the Control Panel, click the Delete Files button, put a check
in the box next to Delete all offline content, click OK.

Steve Wechsler (akaMowGreen)
MVP Windows Server