way of getting read receipt from hotmail?

joe

      14th Jul 2004
There is someone with a hotmail account that I want to send an e-mail to,
and I need to know if they read it or not. I know hotmail doesn't honour
standard read receipt requests (I assume for bandwidth reasons), but is
there any other way I can get confirmation of receipt (and delivery
confirmation would be useful as well)?

I use outlook 2002, is there an add on or custom code I can add to the
e-mail to get what I want?

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      15th Jul 2004
joe wrote:
> There is someone with a hotmail account that I want to send an e-mail
> to, and I need to know if they read it or not. I know hotmail
> doesn't honour standard read receipt requests (I assume for bandwidth
> reasons), but is there any other way I can get confirmation of
> receipt (and delivery confirmation would be useful as well)?
>
> I use outlook 2002, is there an add on or custom code I can add to the
> e-mail to get what I want?

No, sorry - read & delivery receipts, etc are up to the recipient's client
or server.

New Member

      9th Feb 2007
Look at this link: http://www.didtheyreadit.com/index.php/html/howitworks

YOu can get 10 free a month. It's way cool!