I WANT TO TURN OFF WINDOWS DEFENDER ON WINDOWS 7

Tam1969

      27th Sep 2010
I don't know how this Windows Defender started on my computer but I don't
want it. It screwing up my time on the internet. My kids websites won't
always come up and it even tells me that this website is a possible threat.
I don't want to waste my money on this as I already have Norton and am very
happy with it as my antivirus. I have tried everything I can think of to try
and turn it off but I'm not very computer savy. If you can help I will need
it to be explained as detailed as possible. I have "disabled it" but it is
still interrupting.

StephenB

      28th Sep 2010
Windows Defender is free and is included in Vista and Windows 7 and can only be
disabled, not removed. It can be uninstalled from XP via add/remove programs -
however, it doesn't install automatically.
See this article for how to disable it:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...nder-on-or-off
-steve

--