I want to be able to type vertical text on an excel worksheet

=?Utf-8?B?RGFybGE=?=

      9th Aug 2006
Is this possible?

Dave

      9th Aug 2006
Darla

Right click on the cell you want to have vertical text in and select "Format
Cells" click on "Alignment" and change the click on button that shows the
text in the vertical orientation.

Dave

"Darla" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this possible?

PCLIVE

      9th Aug 2006
Highlight the cells you want the text to be verticle. Right-click the
highlighted area and select Format Cells. Click the Alignment tab. Change
the orientation option on the right as desired.

HTH,
Paul

"Darla" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this possible?

Mraggie

      9th Aug 2006

All you have to do is go under Format...Cells and then move the tex
orientation to -90 degrees. That will be vertical typin

--
Mraggi
Mraggie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3729

Gord Dibben

      9th Aug 2006
Not my idea of vertical typing.

What orientation do you wish?

There are two methods of achieving vertical text.

Using the protractor in Alignment or just clicking on "Text" beside the
protractor.

Try both to see which you like best.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP