w2k to 2003 server upgrade compatibility report

Ismael

      20th May 2008
When I run the 2003 server compatibility report on my W2K server running SQL
2000 the report is showing SQL server 6.5. Yet when I ran select @@version
in Query Analyzer it is showing SQL 2000. I don't feel comfortable upgrading
the server OS to 2003 until I find out why my SQL is showing as SQL server
6.5 instead of 2000. I am afraid it will disable my SQL server. Any ideas
why and how to resolve the issue.

Looking forward any ideas or solution on how to fix the issue.

Ismael

Dave Patrick

      24th May 2008
Personally I'd backup the databases then restore them after a successful
upgrade but try asking them here.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Ismael" wrote:
> When I run the 2003 server compatibility report on my W2K server running
> SQL
> 2000 the report is showing SQL server 6.5. Yet when I ran select
> @@version
> in Query Analyzer it is showing SQL 2000. I don't feel comfortable
> upgrading
> the server OS to 2003 until I find out why my SQL is showing as SQL server
> 6.5 instead of 2000. I am afraid it will disable my SQL server. Any
> ideas
> why and how to resolve the issue.
>
> Looking forward any ideas or solution on how to fix the issue.
>
> Ismael

Ismael

      27th May 2008
Thanks for your direction Dave. I will post the question to the SQL group
before I will upgrade my server OS to 2003.

Ismael

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Personally I'd backup the databases then restore them after a successful
> upgrade but try asking them here.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US
>

> --
>
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Ismael" wrote:
> > When I run the 2003 server compatibility report on my W2K server running
> > SQL
> > 2000 the report is showing SQL server 6.5. Yet when I ran select
> > @@version
> > in Query Analyzer it is showing SQL 2000. I don't feel comfortable
> > upgrading
> > the server OS to 2003 until I find out why my SQL is showing as SQL server
> > 6.5 instead of 2000. I am afraid it will disable my SQL server. Any
> > ideas
> > why and how to resolve the issue.
> >
> > Looking forward any ideas or solution on how to fix the issue.
> >
> > Ismael

Dave Patrick

      28th May 2008
You're welcome.