=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVLaW5zZXk=?=

      30th Aug 2007
A program that seems to run on Start-up called
viviwsA.exe
also seems to do nothing. Can anyone tell me what it does, and why it is
useful>

It seems to be located at
C:\Windows

(Windows XP Home SP2)

PA Bear

      30th Aug 2007
to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
(http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use.
It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware with
assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html,
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums for expert
analysis, not here.**

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

SteveKinsey wrote:
> A program that seems to run on Start-up called
> viviwsA.exe
> also seems to do nothing. Can anyone tell me what it does, and why it is
> useful>
>
> It seems to be located at
> C:\Windows
>

> (Windows XP Home SP2)

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?=

      30th Aug 2007

"SteveKinsey" wrote:

> A program that seems to run on Start-up called
> viviwsA.exe
> also seems to do nothing. Can anyone tell me what it does, and why it is
> useful>
>
> It seems to be located at
> C:\Windows
>

> (Windows XP Home SP2)

Hi Steve,
First right click it and see its properties, like the Name of the Co, the
version, the name of the company, date of creation, if it is a bad app it
will not provide such a details!.
Open the windows explorer and locate the path:
C:\Windows\viviwsA.exe and Rename to :
C:\Windows\viviwsA.exe.OLD then Reboot your machine and try to access all
your applications and surf the internet, does anyone not happy?.

Go through these cleaning steps to see or get a clear opinion on how
clean your machine is:
= Click Start >> Control Panel>>Network and Internet Connections >> Double
click Internet Options.
On the IE properties windows you will see these Taps:
General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs |
Advanced.
Under General Tab clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies.
Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) uncheck this box.
[ ] Disable script Debugging (internet Explorer) <= check this box
[ ] Disable Script Debugging (Other) <= check this box

Then click on Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons and Disable all non
Verified Add-Ons (You should Renable them later one-by-one and see the
culprit and update it or remove it.
How to manage Add-Ons:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256

2.... And also for malware from here:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/d....htm?s_cid=sah
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-gb/default.htm
http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad-...e_personal.php
http://www.safer-networking.org ; for Spybot S&D

Run a scan from here on-line:
http://www.sophos.com
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/d...d=ie&venid=sym
Download Avast Cleaner from here:
Lots of tools to download and disinfect your machine:
http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/site/Do...eeRemovalTool/
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/lng/us/tpl/v5
=How to perform a clean boot procedure to prevent background programs from
interfering with a game or a program that you currently use
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796
You can use FileMon for Windows v7.04 to see in realtime what running in the
background and you can search the internet for more details about by right
click it on the FileMon and select search the net.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...s/filemon.mspx
HTH.
nass
-----