PC Review

Visual Studio Ins taller 1.1.: How to Install to a certain folder?

31st May 2006
Hallo,

I am using Visual Studio Installer 1.1. to create MSI packages for our VB6 applications.

Our old VB6 applications must be installed in a certain location (e.g. C:\SuperProgramFiles) because they don't use the dynamical enviroment variable "%programfiles%". Different VB6 applications make access through this folder to other VB6 application. (Old stuff, so we don't want to change it.
Is only edited for support purpose because our customers use it!)

So I could not use the predefined folder "Application Folder" in the visual studio file system ??!!

How can I install the vb6 applications to the specified folder?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Nice greetings and

best regards

George!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On