Visual Studio 2005 on Vista 5308 - ASP.NET DEVELOPMENT SERVER

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0IENlcnZhbnRleg==?=

      8th Apr 2006
Hi everyone,

I've installed vs2005 and am trying to run a brand new asp.net web site
using the web server that comes with vs2005 (not IIS). Immediately, after I
create the site (before I even run it!), I get the following error message:

Error 1 C:\Users\<myaccount>\Documents\Visual Studio
2005\WebSites\WebSite3\Default.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: An error occurred
2005\WebSites\WebSite3\Default.aspx 1 1 C:\...\WebSite3\

Also, if I choose to bypass the error and run the site, I get the following
error:

Server Error in '/WebSite3' Application.

to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

object.]
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.get_W3SvcMajorVersion() +53
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.GetStreamName(String
configPath) +97
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile() +268

[ConfigurationFileException: An error occurred loading a configuration file]
System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean
ignoreLocal) +110

System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors) +41
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String
configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject,
Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject) +89
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey,
Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission) +43
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
+9
System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSectionObject(String
sectionName) +38
System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSection(String sectionName,
Type type, ResultsIndex index) +53
System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.get_Deployment() +28
System.Web.Configuration.DeploymentSection.get_RetailInternal() +143

System.Web.Configuration.CustomErrorsSection.CustomErrorsEnabled(HttpRequest
request) +25

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.62; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.62

Does it require that my system have IIS installed? I know in XP, when I run
the web site, it says ASP Development server v8.0.0 or something like that..
it seems that it's trying to run the "real" web server.. ?

Thanks!

Peter Foldes

      8th Apr 2006
Your Stak Trace is indicating some sort of Search Tool bar that is causing the issue. Google maybe or Yahoo or something similar

--
Peter