vista x64 RTM + Office 2007 = Error 1310.Error writing to file c:\

=?Utf-8?B?cGxhbmV0ZjE=?=

      3rd Feb 2007
I have a relatively clean Vista x64 RTM (clean install, not upgrade) system
with 3Gb ram & ~700Gb disk abd a dual core PD 820.

I tried to install office Ultimate 2007 (default install option) only to be
met with the installer failing, and raising a popup

Error 1310.Error writing to file c:\config.msi\473dda.rbf. Verify that you
have access to that directory.

I have tried running the install as administrator in standard & priviliged
mode (UAC is enabled).

Other progs have been installing fine.

Suggestions on next step? Known issue?

John Barnes

      3rd Feb 2007
See if either of these helps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296175

"planetf1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a relatively clean Vista x64 RTM (clean install, not upgrade)
> system
> with 3Gb ram & ~700Gb disk abd a dual core PD 820.
>
> I tried to install office Ultimate 2007 (default install option) only to
> be
> met with the installer failing, and raising a popup
>
> Error 1310.Error writing to file c:\config.msi\473dda.rbf. Verify that you
> have access to that directory.
>
> I have tried running the install as administrator in standard & priviliged
> mode (UAC is enabled).
>
> Other progs have been installing fine.
>
> Suggestions on next step? Known issue?

Rick Rogers

      24th Mar 2007
All folders appear as 'read only' as that attribute only applies to files.
Unchecking it will serve no purpose other than to frustrate the user. What
is usually the problem is a lack of proper permissions on a folder,
particularly if the program is not designed for Vista. The end-user will
need read&execute rights when they may have only read rights.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org