Vista Windows Mail lost body of mail items

MikeH

      18th Mar 2008
Windows Vista. On several occasions I have gone back to read the contents
of emails (I think they had been moved out of the inbox to a different
folder in each case) and the body of the email did not correspond to the
subject. The body of the email is apparently lost. The "new" body is for a
different email and its corresponding subject no longer appears in the list
of headers. So far this has been a minor irritation but could have serious
effects some day. Is there a way to recover the original content?

Gary VanderMolen

      18th Mar 2008
Sounds like you may be running a non-compatible antivirus which
is corrupting Windows Mail. Uninstall the antivirus, reboot, then
try Windows Mail again. If no improvement, you might try upgrading
to Windows Live Mail which seems to be less fragile.
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"MikeH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows Vista. On several occasions I have gone back to read the contents of emails (I think they had been moved out of the
> inbox to a different folder in each case) and the body of the email did not correspond to the subject. The body of the email is
> apparently lost. The "new" body is for a different email and its corresponding subject no longer appears in the list of
> headers. So far this has been a minor irritation but could have serious effects some day. Is there a way to recover the
> original content?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

      19th Mar 2008
"MikeH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows Vista. On several occasions I have gone back to read the contents
> of emails (I think they had been moved out of the inbox to a different
> folder in each case) and the body of the email did not correspond to the
> subject. The body of the email is apparently lost. The "new" body is for
> a different email and its corresponding subject no longer appears in the
> list of headers. So far this has been a minor irritation but could have
> serious effects some day. Is there a way to recover the original content?

Use the Repair function of this utility:
WMUtil: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com