Vista Upgrade question

C C

      21st Apr 2008
Hello.

I'm wondering if I can upgrade my Vista Ultimate downloaded
from my TechNet Downloads to retail Vista Home Premium?

Thanks in advance.

Gordon

      21st Apr 2008
"C C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eZUe2i$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello.
>
> I'm wondering if I can upgrade my Vista Ultimate downloaded
> from my TechNet Downloads to retail Vista Home Premium?
>
> Thanks in advance.

That's a downgrade AFAIK....

Charlie42

      21st Apr 2008
"C C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm wondering if I can upgrade my Vista Ultimate downloaded
> from my TechNet Downloads to retail Vista Home Premium?

That would be a downgrade. You will have to perform a clean install of Home
Premium.

Charlie42

kurttrail

      21st Apr 2008
Charlie42 wrote:

> "C C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if I can upgrade my Vista Ultimate downloaded from my
>> TechNet Downloads to retail Vista Home Premium?

> That would be a downgrade. You will have to perform a clean install of
> Home Premium.
>
> Charlie42

And use the Windows Easy Transfer tool to migrate user accounts,
settings, and files.

--
Peace!
Kurt

C R C

      22nd Apr 2008

"Charlie42" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Obn6E0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "C C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if I can upgrade my Vista Ultimate downloaded
>> from my TechNet Downloads to retail Vista Home Premium?

> That would be a downgrade. You will have to perform a clean install of
> Home Premium.
>
> Charlie42

Yes, it would be a downgrade.

Thanks.

Lang Murphy

      22nd Apr 2008
C C wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm wondering if I can upgrade my Vista Ultimate downloaded
> from my TechNet Downloads to retail Vista Home Premium?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Why do you want to move from Ultimate to Home Premium?

Lang