Vista Update error 8024402C

Margy

      18th Jan 2009
New notebook on Vista Business. T7500 CPU, 4 gigs RAM, 160gig HDD. It will
not download any updates which I need to do so I can install Service Pack 1
as a result of Update error 8024402C. I have a Microsoft Service Pack 1 on
DVD - DVD was given to me by Microsoft.

I have followed Help suggestions:
Notebook has Internet Access
I have disbale Virus Protection and tried updates still failed
It is on a Peer to Peer network - no server

The only advice I followed from Help was to check option in LAN settings,
under Automatic Configuration, to "Automatically detect settings."

Rebooted many times - tried over and over - everything failed. I have spend
6 hours + installing Office, Photoshop Elements, installing 5 printers on it
setup Outlook and imported .pst. I really don't want to do a new setup. Is
there anyway I can sort out this error and downloads updates without having
to wipe the harddrive clean an do a new OS installation.

Assistance will be so much appreciated. Please help.

--
Margy
KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

Mick Murphy

      18th Jan 2009
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936

Above is the link for MS's resolution for Error 0x8024402C
--
Mad Mike

"Margy" wrote:

> New notebook on Vista Business. T7500 CPU, 4 gigs RAM, 160gig HDD. It will
> not download any updates which I need to do so I can install Service Pack 1
> as a result of Update error 8024402C. I have a Microsoft Service Pack 1 on
> DVD - DVD was given to me by Microsoft.
>
> I have followed Help suggestions:
> Notebook has Internet Access
> I have disbale Virus Protection and tried updates still failed
> It is on a Peer to Peer network - no server
>
> The only advice I followed from Help was to check option in LAN settings,
> under Automatic Configuration, to "Automatically detect settings."
>
> Rebooted many times - tried over and over - everything failed. I have spend
> 6 hours + installing Office, Photoshop Elements, installing 5 printers on it
> setup Outlook and imported .pst. I really don't want to do a new setup. Is
> there anyway I can sort out this error and downloads updates without having
> to wipe the harddrive clean an do a new OS installation.
>
> Assistance will be so much appreciated. Please help.
>
> --
> Margy
> KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

Margy

      18th Jan 2009
Thanks so much for such a quick reply. Will do tomorrow and let you know how
I fared.
--
Margy

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
>
> Above is the link for MS's resolution for Error 0x8024402C
> --
> Mad Mike
>

> "Margy" wrote:
>
> > New notebook on Vista Business. T7500 CPU, 4 gigs RAM, 160gig HDD. It will
> > not download any updates which I need to do so I can install Service Pack 1
> > as a result of Update error 8024402C. I have a Microsoft Service Pack 1 on
> > DVD - DVD was given to me by Microsoft.
> >
> > I have followed Help suggestions:
> > Notebook has Internet Access
> > I have disbale Virus Protection and tried updates still failed
> > It is on a Peer to Peer network - no server
> >
> > The only advice I followed from Help was to check option in LAN settings,
> > under Automatic Configuration, to "Automatically detect settings."
> >
> > Rebooted many times - tried over and over - everything failed. I have spend
> > 6 hours + installing Office, Photoshop Elements, installing 5 printers on it
> > setup Outlook and imported .pst. I really don't want to do a new setup. Is
> > there anyway I can sort out this error and downloads updates without having
> > to wipe the harddrive clean an do a new OS installation.
> >
> > Assistance will be so much appreciated. Please help.
> >
> > --
> > Margy
> > KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

Mick Murphy

      18th Jan 2009
OK. Hope it works for you.
--
Mad Mike

"Margy" wrote:

> Thanks so much for such a quick reply. Will do tomorrow and let you know how
> I fared.
> --
> Margy
>

> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
> >
> > Above is the link for MS's resolution for Error 0x8024402C
> > --
> > Mad Mike
> >

> > "Margy" wrote:
> >
> > > New notebook on Vista Business. T7500 CPU, 4 gigs RAM, 160gig HDD. It will
> > > not download any updates which I need to do so I can install Service Pack 1
> > > as a result of Update error 8024402C. I have a Microsoft Service Pack 1 on
> > > DVD - DVD was given to me by Microsoft.
> > >
> > > I have followed Help suggestions:
> > > Notebook has Internet Access
> > > I have disbale Virus Protection and tried updates still failed
> > > It is on a Peer to Peer network - no server
> > >
> > > The only advice I followed from Help was to check option in LAN settings,
> > > under Automatic Configuration, to "Automatically detect settings."
> > >
> > > Rebooted many times - tried over and over - everything failed. I have spend
> > > 6 hours + installing Office, Photoshop Elements, installing 5 printers on it
> > > setup Outlook and imported .pst. I really don't want to do a new setup. Is
> > > there anyway I can sort out this error and downloads updates without having
> > > to wipe the harddrive clean an do a new OS installation.
> > >
> > > Assistance will be so much appreciated. Please help.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Margy
> > > KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

John Turco

      28th Feb 2011
Growler74 wrote:

> Hi guys...
>
> I have had a similar problem which has taken me days and hours to sort
> out. I have been combing through this forum and every other forum that
> has purported to have a fix... but none worked for me. Finally I got
> onto Microsoft Support. Attached below is my email describing my
> problem (as well as the fixes I tried), and the reply from the support
> guy. It worked first go, however I have not seen this fix on any forum
> or website.

<deleted lengthy description of the problem and its solution, for brevity>

Many thanks, for sharing your information publicly; it may prove helpful
to others, in the future.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>