Vista Ultimate RDC setup

      7th Jul 2009
I have a home PC with Vista Ultimate and connects to the internet through a
router.
My internet provider is Cox, so my IP is not static.
How can I setup my PC so I can access it from outside the home?
I only have the one admin account and do not have it setup with a password.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve Winograd [MS-MVP]

      9th Jul 2009
On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:39:01 -0700, J <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a home PC with Vista Ultimate and connects to the internet through a
>router.
>My internet provider is Cox, so my IP is not static.
>How can I setup my PC so I can access it from outside the home?
>I only have the one admin account and do not have it setup with a password.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sign up with a dynamic DNS service. It will give your computer a DNS
name that stays the same, even when the dynamic IP address changes.
I've used http://www.dyndns.com , and you can find more by doing a web
search for "dynamic dns".

Create a password for your admin account.

You might have to enable port forwarding in your router. as described
in the "Configure Your Router" section of this article:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...p_03may16.mspx
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

rak

      9th Jul 2009
You might also want to look at Windows Live Mesh.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...